Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #11
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

all this talk of track is killing me... is it nashville time again?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #12
Mule
Snidely Whiplash

Moto: 05 xb9sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, but she's not making the bike do all the work any more... I still have a lot to do in that regard myself...
For me it was developing confidence in the bike and it's capabilities. I think you gain more and more confidence each time you participate in the trackday events....

The 6' tall gal was at the Buell Inside Pass trackday event down in Homestead on March 10. She rode in the novice class and went down once. I'm glad to see she's doing well.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #13
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

For me on the street I am able to get my top down lower and off when practicing, but I have my mirrors to use as reference...not that I am breaking any sound barriers on the street, but we play around a bit to practice, like full lean hanging MotoGP style when riding in a perfectly straight line... The facial expressions are priceless...

with no front end on my bike I have nothing really to reference other than getting my boob to the side of the tank...but hopefully next track day i'll have plastics that fit!!

Diana is the tall woman, she was cool as all get out, and I loved her Buell!!! She was in great shape, nothing holding her back either Saturday or Sunday!

I did meet Acalliste, she was pretty cool, we didnt meet till the afternoon, but we kept looking at each other thinking, "dang, she looks familiar"...i dont think she figured I would be so dang short!!

On that note...the funniest part of the weekend was Sat morning, I climb outta the truck to sign in, in a black and pink running suit, and the lady asked Mari "how old is the lil boy?!"
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.

Last edited by the chi; 04-21-2008 at 01:59 PM..
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 PM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
On that note...the funniest part of the weekend was Sat morning, I climb outta the truck to sign in, in a black and pink running suit, and the lady asked Mari "how old is the lil boy?!"
soldering iron + eye works for every situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #15
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

great pics.. sounds like a great time.. its awesome to have a day red flag free.. that's the worst sight i can think of when you are on the track getting into your grove and you have to ease up and peel off..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:41 PM   #16
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Sunday was very much the learning experience on finding and sticking to the groove, there seemed to be some lack of communication between what people were told and what they actually did...had a few almost ass packings in front of me..people getting on in a blind turn...and then not pitting, and those who haul ass in the straights but then brake hard and lose all momentum, and those that decide to pit, while still in the race line, brake hard and cause the 5 people passing them to fly off in all directions...

learning experiences all...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #17
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Glad to hear you had two great days. Great pics. Maybe it's just the corners you were in, but it looks like you hang off more on the left side than the right. Glad to see you're getting body positioning in line, though!!
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 AM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Sunday was very much the learning experience on finding and sticking to the groove, there seemed to be some lack of communication between what people were told and what they actually did...had a few almost ass packings in front of me..people getting on in a blind turn...and then not pitting, and those who haul ass in the straights but then brake hard and lose all momentum, and those that decide to pit, while still in the race line, brake hard and cause the 5 people passing them to fly off in all directions...

learning experiences all...
The dangers of novice, but you still get those asshats that can gun it in a straight line and not take a turn in intermediate as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 AM   #19
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Wow Rae, I see a huge improvement since the photos from your previous TDs. Great work! I find that pics and vids are the most helpful thing for me in gauging what I need to work on.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #20
TheStig!
Jedi Master!

Moto: GSX-R750, GSX-R1000

Hello all!
I was one of the instructors/control riders on Sunday. I wanted to give kudos to Rae. She has improved a LOT since the last track-day!
The pictures are great but don't do her justice. Rae was actually hanging off quite a bit but you can't really tell in some of the pictures.
Myself and the other control riders were very impressed and pleased when Rae told us she wanted to go out by herself and practice what we had been teaching her all day.
Good job Rae!!! I had a great time with all the local crew, I can't wait till we all do it again

PS That yellow bike in your signature looks familiar.... but the numbers are backwards!
TheStig! is offline   Reply With Quote