Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Wanted

Old 11-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR
Default Fellow rider down Parts WTB

Alright here's the skinny. I have not crashed and my RC is not in dire need of parts. I cannot say the same for a dude that lives down the road from me. I used to work with this guy a few weeks ago when I was a part of the other squadron. Cool dude in general. He wanted to start riding and Japan is a great place to find a small starter bike for dirt cheap. He managed to pick up a 1990 Kawasaki ZZR400. Well when I got home from work today, he was waiting for me. He wanted me to go take a look at a few modifications he had made to his bike over the weekend and tell him what I thought. As the tale began to unfold, I discovered that this lad had done the infamous dirt and ditch mod to his old bike. Target fixated on the white line instead of looking through the corner, etc. The end of the riding season is now 13 days away, so repairs are gonna be a winter project.

This is the list that I know he needs:
Upper fairing
bracket for the left mirror
headlight
windscreen
front fender

List of things he may need:
front forks (front tire is not straight with the handlebars, I may be able to fix it)

He's also been talking about wanting to change the front rotors and calipers because he says he can feel the brakes pulsing.

If anybody has anything (or knows of anyone who have something). Lemme know please.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

get me a picture of it, there was a 400cc bike that interchanges with the EX500.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

This thing looks identical, but a different year and different color, the fairings should be the exact same
http://www.bikez.com/pictures/large....0Bharadwaj.jpg
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

looks more like an older ZZR600 from the states.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote