Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Interesting, I only spent about $200 on my $300 retail priced ICON, i had no idea they had gotten so expensive, but they do have some sweet designs...PICS dude, pics...

As for my Scorpion, I forgot to mention, the only other thing I am not thrilled about is it is TOO PLAIN. Not that I like flashy tacky stuff, but I got the silver and white and it is very blah...but was the best one they had out so far...but even that one I got a good deal on, only about $300...
Ok Rae maybe I'll change my mind about dating female bikers in your case! We agree so often! I also looked at the EXO1000 but was turned off by the styling. The features are the cat's ass but I thought it was way ugly (no offense) and if I had to get one it would have been the white/silver as white is my fav color. I also often look at helmets that "flip open" to uncover your face but can't find one that I like the looks of or that doesn't sound like a hurricane is in my head at 150mph. I'm a total sucker for features(gimmicks) like the sun shield. Heck,that's why I've ordered the Akuma helmet. It will have a built in battery pac,a tint on demand visor(hit a button and it darkens/lightens),blue tooth head set ,flashing leds on the back and a map reading light in the front! Plus it weighs the same as my HJC AC12 Carbon(supposedly). They have some of the coolest graphics I've seen for a while as well. To include some military themed ones a military brats like us can appreciate. www.akumahelmets.com.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote