Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 12-20-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R
Default UFC 141 Lesnar Vs Overeem

If anyone has an Xbox, The UFC App Launched today and the first 25,000 People to Download it get the PPV for FREE.

I just "Bought" it in HD for absolutely nothing.

Just thought I'd tell you guys since there's a few UFC fans on here.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Damn, that's fucking awesome. It's going to be interesting to see if Lesnar is worth a shit after having a foot of colon removed. The fight I'm really looking forward to on that card, though, is Cerrone vs Diaz. I hope Cerrone stomps a mudhole in Diaz.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

And its sold out.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Damn, that's fucking awesome. It's going to be interesting to see if Lesnar is worth a shit after having a foot of colon removed. The fight I'm really looking forward to on that card, though, is Cerrone vs Diaz. I hope Cerrone stomps a mudhole in Diaz.
Yep, it should be interesting... and me with my RROD'ed Xbox...

I got Lesnar on this if he's the same freak animal we saw before his first bout with diverticulitis... He just didn't look like he had the strength he once had in the Carwin/Cain fights.

I also think Overeem is one of the most over-rated fighters out there... not that Brock is an MMA god or anything, but 'Reem's been fighting cans... Lesnar, while struggling, has ONLY fought the best (less his first fight and w/ Herring)... Overeem looked terrible against Werdum and hasn't fought anyone worth a damn since he was at 205... and he was something like 3-8 against top level competition.

The Lesnar of old should be able to take down Overeem with ease, be stronger, and have better cardio... if that's the beast that shows up on the 30th, it's going to be a long night for Overeem. However, if he doesn't show up like that or does something incredibly stupid like try to stand with Overeem, he's going to get beat senseless.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Cerrone vs. Diaz... I got Cerrone on this one too... though I think he's been fighting too much and I worry that it could catch up with him... He's more technical, more powerful, and has under-rated ground game. If he can use his footwork to avoid the Stockton Slap (which I think he can), he should beat the ever-living shit out of Diaz.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
And its sold out.
Damn I caught the tail end of that one...25,000 Went quick...I have a feeling that with the overwhelming download rate, they might open it up again at some point...I'd keep an eye on it.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #7
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yep, it should be interesting... and me with my RROD'ed Xbox...

I got Lesnar on this if he's the same freak animal we saw before his first bout with diverticulitis... He just didn't look like he had the strength he once had in the Carwin/Cain fights.

I also think Overeem is one of the most over-rated fighters out there... not that Brock is an MMA god or anything, but 'Reem's been fighting cans... Lesnar, while struggling, has ONLY fought the best (less his first fight and w/ Herring)... Overeem looked terrible against Werdum and hasn't fought anyone worth a damn since he was at 205... and he was something like 3-8 against top level competition.

The Lesnar of old should be able to take down Overeem with ease, be stronger, and have better cardio... if that's the beast that shows up on the 30th, it's going to be a long night for Overeem. However, if he doesn't show up like that or does something incredibly stupid like try to stand with Overeem, he's going to get beat senseless.
I would love to see him demolish "The Reem", but I think he's gonna eat a knee before he gets a chance for ground and pound.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
I would love to see him demolish "The Reem", but I think he's gonna eat a knee before he gets a chance for ground and pound.
Not sure that Reem will get him in the clinch without significant wrestling abilities... And throwing a knee as Lesnar shoots is dangerous... If it lands great, but if not he's done.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

What fights are you guys watching? I watched Overeem become the K1 champ..... Are you all serious? Lesner? Um didn't Overeem also win the World heavyweight Mma championship and Dream or Strikeforce last year? I'm not saying he's perfect or anything but it's going to be a fight. Hey maybe Lesner should fight in the K1 grand prix this year...... K1> Mma....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
What fights are you guys watching? I watched Overeem become the K1 champ..... Are you all serious? Lesner? Um didn't Overeem also win the World heavyweight Mma championship and Dream or Strikeforce last year? I'm not saying he's perfect or anything but it's going to be a fight. Hey maybe Lesner should fight in the K1 grand prix this year...... K1> Mma....
Here's the problem... Wrestling is known to nullify pretty much everything else... Especially pure striking... If Lesner was the type of fighter that ate punches and kept coming forward, I'd venture to say Overeem would have very little chance... Since Lesnar reacts horribly to getting hit, but is one of the very best pure wrestlers in HW MMA... It's a toss up. And then you factor in the fact that 'Reem has never faced a wrestler anywhere close to that caliber... Tough call.

Plus, I'd also be so bold as to say that the level of competition in K1 isnt necessarily comparable to MMA. As Chael Sonnen said, "I can discredit K1 with two words, 'Bob Sapp'."