Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #21
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Let's use the phrase "Recent History" instead. It's safe to say that GWB is now perceived as being worse than Nixon.
I'm not sure this is the right forum to go down this road too far, but let me just say that The History of GWB hasn't been written yet.

As far as a comparison of the administration's of Nixon and GWB, IMO there is no comparison. The lessons learned from the Nixon era mis-steps were not lost on the Neo's. Things that would have had the Nixon administration (all of them not just the plumbers) behind bars, have been blown past by the GWB admin like a LSR streamliner in the 3rd mile, apparently without repercussion.

Of course that is just my opinion and WTF do I know?
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:15 PM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by was92v View Post
Ok, well seriously then. The two named happened to be in office during the two most traumatic and horrific periods in US history. Could they have done better, considering the times, I don't know, but I do know that had they not been successful to the degree they were, you and I would have grown up in a vastly different world than we do today. As far as the worst President in history, I don't believe that history has been written yet.
You're right... had those two not done the things they did, we'd be in a much different position...

Admittedly, the negative impacts Lincoln left were most certainly over-shadowed by abolishing slavery... Most people tend to ignore the fact that he trampled all over the Constitution, flagrantly abused his power, and pretty much shat upon most other things our founding fathers believed in...

FDR... Jesus, I could wear out a keyboard on FDR... Another corrupt power abuser who drastically increased the power of the federal government, used the Constitution as toilet paper, and did everything he could to make people reliant on their government... like good little sheep.

So yea, I'd say the similarities between Lincoln, FDR, and Bush are close enough that we could put Bush in the category as one of the worst... Like you said though, the history has not been written yet... Maybe like Lincoln and FDR, Bush will go down as one of the greats... I mean if Abe and Franky can do it, anyone can.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote