Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Sport Rider- 2009 Buyers Guide

So my January issue of Sport Rider arrived late this weekend... the highlight of my month. It has a couple of good articles as well as the 2009 Manufacturer's lineup. Buell fans will find interest in the First Ride article of the 2009 Buell 1125CR. Zuk fans will like the introduction of the new 09 GSXR-1000.

Other interesting things to be noted for the 09 line-ups....

-The long running standard Suzuki SV650 is now dead. Replaced by the new novice-friendly Suzuki Gladius at $6499. The SVS still lives....

-Of course everybody knows Ducati's move to the 1198 motor. The 1198R will only be offered in a very limited quantity Troy Bayliss edition. The 1198 and 1198S is still offered in normal quantities.

-New American produced sportbike... the Fischer MRX??? Power comes supplied via Hyosung's 650 V-twin motor. American design, Korean motor... quite odd! This bike might be old news, but it is new to me.... http://www.fischer1.com/index.htm

-ABS option now available to Honda CBR600RR & 1000RR...

-Kawasaki ER-6n make it state side... yuck!

-MV Agusta F4 RR 312 1078- quite possibly the longest bike name ever, but raved as the "ultimate cocktail of power and controlled aggression"

-Triumph Daytona 675 was finally updated with "racing-learned" modifications. (Higher rev limit, taller 1st gear, lighter exhaust, revised cylinder head and EFI mapping, new valves) Looks the same...

-New Yamaha FZ6R. NOT a faired version of existing FZ6. Totally new motorcycle, produced for novice riders that want a sporty-faired image. Single-headlight and dual football shaped air intakes make it look EERILY similar to a Suzuki GSX-R or GSX-F...

-R.I.P... Buell XB12S/TT, Ducati Desmosedici RR, Kawasaki Z1000, Kawasaki ZZR600, Suzuki B-King, Suzuki SV650
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote