Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default The $39 Harbor Freight Mototcycle Wheel Chock/Stand

Okay, here's another HF thread started by yours truly. As you all know, because I broadcast my entire life here, I am going to Daytona next month. In preparation, I've purchased wheel chocks/stands from my good friends from Harbor Freight.

The units seem sturdy enough and although they aren't as pretty as some of the more expensive units, they seem to be quite well made. My only gripe is the retaining hair pins which are inordinately small. I realize that they are only there to stop the pins from sliding in and out but they still seem too light duty. Of course, about $2 will fix that minor complaint.

As far as function goes, they works as advertised and holds the bike in position rather well. I even tried to pull the bike left or right to no avail. It will not budge! Obviously, I wouldn't transport the bike like this and they don't recommend that you do but pulling it up and letting it sit while you get your straps together will be a God send! As you can see, they provide a couple of tie down eyes which are very heavy duty and appear to be trust worthy. I'll probably still use the mounting points in the truck bed though, just to be sure.

Anyway, here are some pics,

Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote