Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Old 08-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #11
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Being it was my first motorcycle race, I had a blast!
I was hoping Edwards would finish higher, but two Americans in the TOP 5 isn't bad at all. We actually saw several wrecks from our seats on the mound. I'm surprised there weren't more on that awful pavement transition. Really wild watching those guys wobble and bounce across that stuff. And then there was Captain America and a stealthy 500cc two stroke racer.

In case no one has heard yet, I had a wreck. Some asshole ran a red light in front of me in Indy halfway between the hotel and the track. I didn't stand a chance. Rainy nasty greasy intersection with less than 6" on each side clean between the paint and La Brea Tar Pits. Bashed my knee hard- so hard that I went to the hospital and spent the whole afternoon and evening waiting for X-Rays. Turned out it's just "swollen like a mother." Entire right side of the bike is rashed- plastics, engine cover, mirror, and the bars dented the tank.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
I was hoping Edwards would finish higher, but two Americans in the TOP 5 isn't bad at all. We actually saw several wrecks from our seats on the mound. I'm surprised there weren't more on that awful pavement transition. Really wild watching those guys wobble and bounce across that stuff. And then there was Captain America and a stealthy 500cc two stroke racer.

In case no one has heard yet, I had a wreck. Some asshole ran a red light in front of me in Indy halfway between the hotel and the track. I didn't stand a chance. Rainy nasty greasy intersection with less than 6" on each side clean between the paint and La Brea Tar Pits. Bashed my knee hard- so hard that I went to the hospital and spent the whole afternoon and evening waiting for X-Rays. Turned out it's just "swollen like a mother." Entire right side of the bike is rashed- plastics, engine cover, mirror, and the bars dented the tank.
Man, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:29 AM   #13
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:

That sucks glad you are okay...
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:45 PM   #14
brupska
Buell Rider!!!!

Moto: 04 Buell XB12R

Well the 125 and 250 races where a lot better racing to watch. You still can go wrong with the Moto Gp bikes tho. Had a great time with you all again. Thanks for saving us spot on the hill too!!! Phenix Rider I hope you and your bike get better.
brupska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by brupska View Post
Well the 125 and 250 races where a lot better racing to watch. You still can go wrong with the Moto Gp bikes tho. Had a great time with you all again. Thanks for saving us spot on the hill too!!! Phenix Rider I hope you and your bike get better.
You see the one guy get rear-ended? Don't remember if it was the 125 or 250.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #16
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:

What a way for your first race to be! Glad to hear it wasn't too terribly serious.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

It really sucked watching it at home since both wrecks happened during commercial breaks. I hate TV

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #18
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

A few pics.

buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #19
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
It really sucked watching it at home since both wrecks happened during commercial breaks. I hate TV
You aren't kidding, Fox's coverage was the worst. They come back from commercial and Pedrosa's out. Come back from the next commercial and Rossi's out.

Post-race they talk to Hayden for 30 seconds but not anybody else. Not even the race winner.

And it's all geared toward people that know nothing about the sport (they're not watching), taking breaks from the race to show details about the suits, showing people in the stands, and showing the paddock.

Between all that and the announcers, I think I'm sending Speed Channel a love letter.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
You aren't kidding, Fox's coverage was the worst. They come back from commercial and Pedrosa's out. Come back from the next commercial and Rossi's out.

Post-race they talk to Hayden for 30 seconds but not anybody else. Not even the race winner.

And it's all geared toward people that know nothing about the sport (they're not watching), taking breaks from the race to show details about the suits, showing people in the stands, and showing the paddock.

Between all that and the announcers, I think I'm sending Speed Channel a love letter.
I didn't watch, but your description is exactly what I expected from Fox. I really hate Fox sports coverage.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote