Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #21
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
You aren't kidding, Fox's coverage was the worst. They come back from commercial and Pedrosa's out. Come back from the next commercial and Rossi's out.

Post-race they talk to Hayden for 30 seconds but not anybody else. Not even the race winner.

And it's all geared toward people that know nothing about the sport (they're not watching), taking breaks from the race to show details about the suits, showing people in the stands, and showing the paddock.

Between all that and the announcers, I think I'm sending Speed Channel a love letter.
Exactly what I told my hubby you guys would "bitch" about on here. He just doesn't understand. I felt like a 2 year old when White was talking about the suits. Although, it is kind of cool about the air bag. I will give them that.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 PM   #22
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
Exactly what I told my hubby you guys would "bitch" about on here. He just doesn't understand. I felt like a 2 year old when White was talking about the suits. Although, it is kind of cool about the air bag. I will give them that.
True, the airbags are cool, I'll give it that. But they've been around... you could clearly see they went off in Lorenzo's suit in his crash at Brno.

Not sure if I'd want them in my suit. The added protection would be great, but the damage to your suit in a low-side could suddenly become significant.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #23
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
True, the airbags are cool, I'll give it that. But they've been around... you could clearly see they went off in Lorenzo's suit in his crash at Brno.

Not sure if I'd want them in my suit. The added protection would be great, but the damage to your suit in a low-side could suddenly become significant.
I've only seen those airbags in textile jackets before. In the ones I've seen, they're behind a panel held down with velcro or snaps- so there's no additional damage.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #24
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:

I missed that race/crash.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote