Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default So I ran my bike on the dyno last night

And I must say.... I'm pretty satisfied with the results! Went to bike night at our local Hooters last night and the guys from Bonz Cycles were there with their dyno.... $20 for HP and top speed runs, or $35 for that + A/F.... for that price I had to try it just to see, lol

It's definitely nothing outstanding, but to see that she was still putting down nearly the same numbers now after 159,300 miles as a new F4i puts out, really not bad! Most of the HP numbers I've seen for F4i's are right around 95-96. Motor is 100% stock and original, other than an APE manual CCT

I had them do the A/F test as well... I knew my PCIII was way outta tune (using the crappy downloaded map now....already knew I needed to get it tuned). As you can see, it's running too lean in the higher RPM's, and blew a cloud of black smoke. But even with that, she still put down 90.45 hp and had a top speed of 151.95 (hits redline)

And a few other pics too..... a buddy was there snapping away, lol

I know, I'm a dork

Oh yea... the guy in the white shirt leaned over aligning the rear wheel, he asked me not once but TWICE if I wanted to sell my bike, and I think he was being serious too! He asked me once before the dyno run and again after.... said he used to have an F4i and absolutely loved it. He has a 600RR now but still misses the F4i and wants another one. After I told him no twice on the sale, he said... "alright...but if you ever get another bike, don't sell the F4i cuz you'll end up regretting it!". Thought that was kinda funny

Time to get her dyno tuned! But I'm still happy to see she's still healthy

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote