Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Hmmm as many tiems as I've been there, I've never seen that run (they were always running north and south at the same time)

HOLY CRAP!!

Is that the one they're trying to put near Salisbury?
They either run North and South at the same time, or Full and Patriot. Pretty clever configuration, lets them run 2 tracks at any given time.

Shenandoah is at Summit Point, WV (4 tracks there: Shenandoah, Main, Jefferson (another good motard tarck) and a kart track). It's about 5.5 hours from here but worth the drive up a couple three times a year.

Here's a few laps there, pretty tame until lap 3 or 4: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5783613976890#
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #12
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Yeah, I am going to stay basic. I found fast50s.com and they have a ton of crap. I'll start with the tires and the bars and go from there. They have nice brake kits, levers, pegs, etc, etc......

There is a another company thumpstar that builds spec bikes for 1600 bucks. I should sell my 50 and send that guy the dough.

As for the track, it may be my drive way and back yard!
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 PM   #13
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Here's a few laps there, pretty tame until lap 3 or 4: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5783613976890#
Looks like a fun track!

Quit using your clutch on upshifts.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #14
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0t View Post
Yeah, I am going to stay basic. I found fast50s.com and they have a ton of crap. I'll start with the tires and the bars and go from there. They have nice brake kits, levers, pegs, etc, etc......

There is a another company thumpstar that builds spec bikes for 1600 bucks. I should sell my 50 and send that guy the dough.

As for the track, it may be my drive way and back yard!
tbparts.com is a good place to buy upgrade kits. Their 88 kit with race head is a good reliable kit that is a decent price that gives you plenty of bang for the buck. And the 107 stroker kit is just f**kin awesome if you want a lot of power and not lose that much reliability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Looks like a fun track!

Quit using your clutch on upshifts.
It definitely is! My lap times there are 10 seconds faster this year than from when I took that video, but I still use my clutch on upshifts :P. The gear box on this bike just doesn't like clutchless shifting above 5k. It's really clunky about 99% of the time, so I never kept with it.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 AM   #16
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
Shenandoah is at Summit Point, WV (4 tracks there: Shenandoah, Main, Jefferson (another good motard tarck) and a kart track). It's about 5.5 hours from here but worth the drive up a couple three times a year.
Whats your schedule for the rest of the season? I may decide to tag along on one or 2 trips and get a feel again if you're not opposed to it
Old 09-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Whats your schedule for the rest of the season? I may decide to tag along on one or 2 trips and get a feel again if you're not opposed to it
Sounds like a good idea to me! I'll shoot you a PM later with my planned track days and we'll take it from there
Old 09-17-2009, 07:28 AM   #18
Clay
I know nothing...

Troy, you really should give mini racing a consideration. Remember, minis and pocket bikes are 2 different things. I have more room on our CR85 than I do on any sport bike, and I'm only an inch shorter than you. You'll have just as much fun, if not more, at a mini track day or race than you will on a big bike. You can push the limits to their extreme and not worry about shredding the bike up or yourself. If you want, you can come along with me next time we go. If we do a SEMRA event, you can ride our bike in the adult novice class. Ask Kaneman, as soon as you get on one you'll contemplate selling your other bikes. LOL Our current setup has 17" wheels, uses the same slicks as the 125GP bikes do. Though, I'm getting ready to sell/trade them off for a set of 12s. The 17s will make you feel just like you're on a "big" bike...but with the flickability of a 180lb bike. Our bike is fully setup by Traxxion Dynamics and I've done a lot of work on getting the geometry setup to perfection. All you need though is an 85 and the wheels. Total investment would start at around 2k, and you can get a lot more conservative than that! I think there are a few WELL SETUP bikes out there now for about 2500. Heck, right here is one of the best bikes around...2200 dollars. http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=83310

All I can say is...try it! I think we might be doing a mini race/trackday coming up Oct 3&4th.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #19
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post

All I can say is...try it! I think we might be doing a mini race/trackday coming up Oct 3&4th.
WHERE?

I'm taking you up on that offer!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
Clay
I know nothing...

Well, there's 2 going on. One is at the "usual" track we go to down in Elgin, SC. That's actually a race weekend run locally by the track. It's not exactly the best track out there, but still fun none-the-less. Then, there's a 2 day trackday at the Herrin's in middle GA. That's the new track owned by Josh Herrin's father. And yes...Josh will probably be there riding. If you seriously wanted to come, we'd figure out which one we're going to do and end up going down Sat, camping the night and coming back Sun. If the GA track...we'd be getting back late! The one in SC is about a 3 hour drive from us. The GA track is around 8.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote