Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 04-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #51
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post

Oh and Tigger, calm the fuck down. Despite popular belief the world isn't out to get you.
I didn't say the "whole world",I said certain members. Think I'm crazy? Look at threads I've started or actively participated in and see if it isn't the same guys always cutting me up. Whatever,I go back in for surgery in a couple weeks anyway so you won't be hearing from me again soon,if at all. Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
this is pretty funny stuff to read

and btw-i didnt mean sprockets create more horsepower. im not fucking retarded lol-i was refering to you (tigger) saying "why run your bike at a higher rpm" reason-more hp. typically you have more power at 10k than 6k.

and yea -fuckin expensive

what was the point of this thread anyway? you could delete all the replys and just say-nice sprockets-kinda pricey. but then it would be the internet haha
where did I say "why run your bike at higher rpm?"? I said, "why change your gearing when you can use your transmission to run at higher rpm." That's why you have a trans. to keep your engine in the powerband at various speeds. This is what I mean,you read whatever you want.

[QUOTE=Dnyce;28853]just my two cents- most guys that really care about the weight savings of a aluminum sprocket are also guys that make gearing changes more often than a commuter guy. those are also usually the same guys that add a slip on, then a full sys, pc, stacks, etc etc. at each modification step, the bike makes more power, and/or the powerband changes, so if you had the perfect ratio when you started-now you need to change it. i dont know how sprocket changes mess with your mapping tho. could be true, but dont make sense. and you missed the one reason that negates the reasons you mentioned-more horsepower! lol
QUOTE]

are you sure you're not retarded?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I didn't say the "whole world",I said certain members. Think I'm crazy? Look at threads I've started or actively participated in and see if it isn't the same guys always cutting me up. Whatever,I go back in for surgery in a couple weeks anyway so you won't be hearing from me again soon,if at all. Whatever...
Tigger... just incase you grouped me in there... I'm not cutting ya up... shit even our "arguements" aren't anything more than discussions... at least from my stand point...

calm down... I personally enjoy your discussons... though I think you get a little wound up...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 PM   #53
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Tigger... just incase you grouped me in there... I'm not cutting ya up... shit even our "arguements" aren't anything more than discussions... at least from my stand point...

calm down... I personally enjoy your discussons... though I think you get a little wound up...

psssssstttt...hey you,yeah you,ebbs,... c'mere.......I actually don't care....I'm just passing time until I'm stuck in the hospital again.....shhhhh don't tell anyone...it's amazing,a couple !'s and capital letters and people think you are angry!
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 AM   #54
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

oh... ok... well then... FUCK OFF
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #55
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
NO! Some things are truth,Jessica Alba is more attractive than Rosie O'Donnel,a test could be done to prove one jacket's effectiveness over anothers,a ZX10 has more hp than a GSXR1000 or a CBR1000rr is lighter than a R1-in those catagories one bike is better than another,one quart of oil costs $1000 but lasts forever-the other costs $1 and only lasts 1000 miles- you can make all kinds of cases and justifications for using the $1 oil but the fact will still remain that the $1000 oil is BETTER!
I was going to read on, but I stopped there sensing an urgent need for help.

Yes those are true to a degree, but none of those decisions are clearly right or wrong.

Alba is hotter then O'Donnel, true. I agree with your opinion but its not right nor wrong.

-But somewhere, there are several carpet munching dykes that would rather use Alba for a tooth pick and O'Donnel as a main course.

A jacket's effectiveness right or wrong? Thats another fail bro.
By riding jacket, you need to find an aspect that we are discussing. The jacket as a whole cannot be right or wrong. Do you mean for protection from the 32 grit pavement that your body is sliding along, the temperature of the air, or the back end of a fucking school bus?

We could test the jacket in all of those tests and then find right or wrongs in which one would be better under any circumstance, but in general there would be no right or wrong.

Comparing bikes on horsepower and weight. Your getting better but you fucked up the takeoff on this flight.

Yes we can see which bikes make more horsepower and then say yes or no, as to which one is the most powerful or lighter. Those are facts that when compared, could be fount to be right or wrong in a better then other case. But using your example, is the bike with the most horsepower the best bike or is the bike that weighs the least? Neither, because then everyone would argue over everything else on the bike. What does this mean you ask? Well, it means that there is no right or wrong to bike selection.

The oil comparison was weak sauce too. You say the 1000$ oil lasts forever, and so its better? Last time I checked all of my oil lasted forever, I just changed it out because it was dirty and the filter had done the best it could to keep it clean. If this is your logic on oil, I would hate to see your logic on a babies diaper.

Now if you wanted to compare which oil is doing a better job of lubricating an engine, then with strict testing we could probably find one oil to be better then the other. But is that right? Well it would depend on which attribute of comparison was most important to the end user. But wtf, I said that last time and you argued with it.

On the bright side, I have a gallon of sand I will sell for 1 grand you as motor oil. I guarantee you that it will last forever and you will never need to change it out. Your logic indicates I can expect the payment shortly and that you will understand that your bike probably wont run for long, but thats not important because your oil will last forever and its da bestestestest

In end I don't know much about sprockets nor really give a shit about them at this point.

I just thought I would get in the action because your logic needed a band aid.

Oh I think the plane flying around my neighborhood with a "The world needs to Argue with Tigger, because we are out to get him" banner might have had something to do with it as well.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.

Last edited by Quick281; 04-09-2008 at 12:35 AM..
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 AM   #56
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

[QUOTE=TIGGER;29652]where did I say "why run your bike at higher rpm?"? I said, "why change your gearing when you can use your transmission to run at higher rpm." That's why you have a trans. to keep your engine in the powerband at various speeds. This is what I mean,you read whatever you want.

Quote:
4. then why fuck with it? I was merely illustrating that running your bike at higher rpm can have adverse effects which include; lower gas mileage, increased engine wear,increased vibration,inacurate speedometer,confused engine/fuel mapping,etc. Like I said,I ride my bike all the time in various capacities and don't want to narrow it's focus further by modifying the gear ratios.

i read what u fucking wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
just my two cents- most guys that really care about the weight savings of a aluminum sprocket are also guys that make gearing changes more often than a commuter guy. those are also usually the same guys that add a slip on, then a full sys, pc, stacks, etc etc. at each modification step, the bike makes more power, and/or the powerband changes, so if you had the perfect ratio when you started-now you need to change it. i dont know how sprocket changes mess with your mapping tho. could be true, but dont make sense. and you missed the one reason that negates the reasons you mentioned-more horsepower! lol
QUOTE]

are you sure you're not retarded?
number one i explained i wasnt talkin about the sprocket change making more power jackass, i repeat, i was referring to running at a higher rpm. and if that doesnt make sense then u must be fuckin retarded lol

and seriously, dont take this shit seriously. its all opinion, and quick just poked more holes in your twisted ass logic than i did as proof. ALL OPINION, dont sound so butthurt
Dnyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 AM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

you're starting early...ok guess what,you can pick certain catagories to test and evaluate a products effectiveness in these catagories and find a clear winner. I mentioned protection for jackets so if a jacket can be PROVEN to protect (impact,temp,abrasion,whatever)better than another it is better in that catagory. Pick a catagory for oil comparison...thermal breakdown,let's say. If one oil keeps it's viscosity longer at temp it's better in that catagory regardless of other factors like price or whatever. You know it sounds like you guys are saying that nothing is better than something else. Sugar isn't sweeter than salt,black isn't darker than white,water isn't wetter than sand. Nope it's all opinions and up to the individual to decide...hmmmm so all the Honda guys crowing about the reviews of the new CBR1000RR don't count because it's up to every individual to decide what bike is best. Kansas isn't the best NCAA men's basketball team,it's my opinion that the University of Michigan was the best team this year!!! The 2006 GSXR1000 is the lightest,best handling,highest horsepower,highest torque,bike in the world! That's my opinion so it must be true! Cool! Whatever I think is the best is the best,I AM GOD!!!!

one more thing...if I haven't been singled out then tell me why whenever anyone actually agrees with me on anything,they preface their agreement with "I can't believe I'm agreeing with you...","the world must be coming to an end" or "hell must be freezing over"'etc? Hmmmmm?

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 04-09-2008 at 01:53 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 02:24 AM   #58
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Dude, wtf? Did you not read anything I wrote?

You just said everything I said as if I didn't know any of it.

Then you incorrectly summarize my response, I didn't say that something couldn't be better than anything else. I just pondered why the fuck you would try and state that there is such a thing as clear right and wrong without specifying the basis for the argument and then using such poor examples with too many variables. Then you end up telling me that information like I didn't know wtf was going on in the first place.

And if you hadn't yet figured it out, in the end opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them but some stink more then others. You have the right to your opinions as does everyone else. They are however meaningless like everyone elses, it just fun to compare them and then discuss.

I don't know what your saying about being singled out all the time because I am rather new to this crowd, I was just adding to the fun earlier. But usually when people feel singled out, its because they single themselves out somehow but they just think everyone else is responsible for it.

Last edited by Quick281; 04-09-2008 at 02:28 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 AM   #59
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Dude, wtf? Did you not read anything I wrote?

You just said everything I said as if I didn't know any of it.

Then you incorrectly summarize my response, I didn't say that something couldn't be better than anything else. I just pondered why the fuck you would try and state that there is such a thing as clear right and wrong without specifying the basis for the argument and then using such poor examples with too many variables. Then you end up telling me that information like I didn't know wtf was going on in the first place.

And if you hadn't yet figured it out, in the end opinions are like assholes. Everyone has them but some stink more then others. You have the right to your opinions as does everyone else. They are however meaningless like everyone elses, it just fun to compare them and then discuss.

I don't know what your saying about being singled out all the time because I am rather new to this crowd, I was just adding to the fun earlier. But usually when people feel singled out, its because they single themselves out somehow but they just think everyone else is responsible for it.
that's just it. I'm not stating opinions and this all started over sprockets. Aluminum vs Ti. I said basically, if a Ti sprocket costs 3x as much but lasts 4+x as long as an aluminum sprocket,it's a good deal. It all got side tracked by people trying to prove me wrong with various arguements. You are also nitpicking and micro-examing my statements in an attempt to prove me wrong. It was already 3 or 4 against 1,why join in?

Anyway,when I used oil to illustrate my point. It was because someone else stated that the sprocket question is like oil in that it's a matter of opinion which is better. I set the terms loosely because I foolishly believed that everyone already knows by what standards oil is judged. I didn't think I had to spell it out for anyone. Mobile 1 is a better oil than any normal oil. It holds it's viscosity longer,it bonds to metal parts better,it reduces friction better,it resists thermal breakdown better,etc this has been proven in several lab tests. The fact that it costs more does not negate it's superior performance nor will public opinion.

I used jackets for the same reason. I didn't specify what type of protection. Why should I have to? Regardless of whatever particular type of protection is being tested for,one jacket can be proven to offer more of it.

There are such things as "general truths". It is generally considered true the the Sun rises in the east but unless you are on the exact line of the Sun's travel accross the Earth,it actually rises either in the northeast or southeast. You can pick apart any statement if you want...

Oh well,as I stated before,I honestly dont care. I do find it interesting that you find it "fun" to gang up on one guy. I do tend to swim against the current as oposed to with it so in that way it can be argued that I isolate myself. In this case tho',I posted early and spent the rest of this time defending myself and my statement. When I am forced to take my pain meds,I sleep and wake up at odd hours and and I can't ride,as proven by my high-side last Fall. This gives me something to do,so for that,thanks.

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 04-09-2008 at 04:51 AM..
Old 04-09-2008, 05:03 AM   #60
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

I honestly don't know where this ganging up thing is coming from because I have been here for like a week. Beyond that, I was not aware that internet arguments needed to be regulated, and that it may have been unfair for me to join in in a 3 v 1 brawl. I am sorry if your are now convinced that "I am out to get you".

I have read over everything we said to each other, and I get the funny feeling that we are completely agreed on this subject, but unable to understand what the other has been trying to say, or that we are completely off.

I am going to blame late nights and pain medications on our confusion earlier because we seem to be in rather good agreement now, which quite frankly confuses me as to what the fuss was about earlier.