Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 07-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #21
umairhashmi
Broward Motorsports

Moto: 2006 Gsx1300R Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
I've never ridden a yammy so I can only go by what I've hear. I'm a rider, not a racer and it seems like Yamaha makes all their engines just racing. I dont need my power at high rpms going through town. I need low and med power cause I dont go 100mph through town.

I'm sure someone will chime in and call me an idiot but until I get a chance to ride one I'll go with comments from riders that have more experience with bikes than I'll ever have.
In terms of literbikes on the street NOTHING is more powerful or torquier than the zx10. I understand all the reviews say the best bikes are the gsxr1k and the cbr1k but the down low torque that the zx10 makes is pretty much insane compared to the other three. Im talking in terms of street performance here for an average person. Not a pro racer on the track.
umairhashmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #22
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Now I"m seeing what an engineer has told me before. kawi is dead last in quality. side by side with my 1978 Honda my 86 ninja is just terribly engineered and the product is shit compared to the Honda's design.

simply put, kawi sucks quality wise, Honda and Yammi are the top 2 jap brands in this respect IMO.
Kawi just lacks a lot of good design ideas. while Honda and yamaha were using rigid perimiter frames, kawi was still using a very shitty double cradle box steel frame that flexes like a limp dick, or in the earlier ZX600's from the 80's what amounts to a cruiser frame pretty much.
sorry but any brand where frames breaking with no previous abuse or crash damage just puts the gsxr into the piece of shit level for me.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:18 AM   #23
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
Now I"m seeing what an engineer has told me before. kawi is dead last in quality. side by side with my 1978 Honda my 86 ninja is just terribly engineered and the product is shit compared to the Honda's design.

simply put, kawi sucks quality wise, Honda and Yammi are the top 2 jap brands in this respect IMO.
Kawi just lacks a lot of good design ideas. while Honda and yamaha were using rigid perimiter frames, kawi was still using a very shitty double cradle box steel frame that flexes like a limp dick, or in the earlier ZX600's from the 80's what amounts to a cruiser frame pretty much.
sorry but any brand where frames breaking with no previous abuse or crash damage just puts the gsxr into the piece of shit level for me.
If my only experience with Kawi were the 900r\1000\1100's I'd have a few choice words.

Had my only experience with Honda been 80's and early 90's bikes I curse them as electrically fucktarded.

However ZX-9 going from the porker in the 90's to late Zx-9r are, from what I know solid bikes that will rack up the miles. I thought 636 was supposed to be well designed as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #24
BobTheBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
If my only experience with Kawi were the 900r\1000\1100's I'd have a few choice words.

Had my only experience with Honda been 80's and early 90's bikes I curse them as electrically fucktarded.

However ZX-9 going from the porker in the 90's to late Zx-9r are, from what I know solid bikes that will rack up the miles. I thought 636 was supposed to be well designed as well.
very true, but when I look at the casting quality of the kawi, and my old hurricane even, the hurricane had SO many freakin nice traits that kawi never could have hoped to have even.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:27 AM   #25
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

What does it matter?

It is rare that anyone keeps a sportbike for more than 2-3 years anyways.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #26
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
very true, but when I look at the casting quality of the kawi, and my old hurricane even, the hurricane had SO many freakin nice traits that kawi never could have hoped to have even.
I've known a couple people that thought the hurricane was the best bike ever made...........
Old 07-18-2009, 11:05 AM   #27
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
I've known a couple people that thought the hurricane was the best bike ever made...........
i really miss mine. woulda been awesome with a 180 out back and modern forks/shock
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #28
BobTheBiker

The hurricane was a VERY fine example of Honda engineering. I think the 600F was an awesome bike. the F2 to me was the best CBR evar.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
What does it matter?

It is rare that anyone keeps a sportbike for more than 2-3 years anyways.
It matters in terms of overall satisfaction. I had a zx6r and an R6 from the same time frame (03-04), and the R6 was just leaps and bounds ahead in terms of fit and finish and lack of engine vibration.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #30
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

No I don't think they are.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote