Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 AM   #1
ilVoce
Aprilia Brand Whore

Moto: Aprilia RSV-R Factory

I just saw this story on Autoblog a minute ago, and I'm still trying to decide whether I'm suprised or not. On on hand, Honda should have enough money to weather the storm, but on the other hand they have had shite results and is certainly not getting a good return on their investment. Now, what will be interesting in seeing what Toyota does. Their sales have decreased about as much as Honda's, but their F1 team has been improving and is now within reach of the number three position. Do they bail out now, after having blown shedloads of money to get to this position? Or do they bite the bullet and keep pushing, taking advantage of their deep pockets to get a leg up on the other teams that will most likely be looking at reducing their spending? Maybe poach Ross Brawn from Honda? Interesting...
ilVoce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

I think Toyota will prolly stay. They are moving up the point standings. But, They have made a huge investment in NASCAR.

I am sorry Honda had to pull out, but they really weren't competitive. F1 has gone through economic ups and downs before...hopefully they will get through this

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Qualifying will be odd; only 3 cars would be eliminated during Q1.... I am wondering if the rules will change.

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote