Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #61
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

nothing wrong with teachin noobs, even tho we are short on em...cept its another repost lol-actually a cut and paste repost, but whatevers
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #62
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I'm sorry! Someone pm'd me today and said I was "compassionate" and it just set me off!!!! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!
ahh.. understandable then... carry on

Quote:
Yea we have one of those too...he thinks that NO ONE should ever be allowed to ride a motorcycle unless he's taken the MSF course!!! There is absolutely no other good way to learn how to ride!
who? seriously... who?

I think they should make it a law that every driver and rider MUST take the MSF... increase rider awareness and help give people an understanding of the risks of being a motorcyclist... maybe it'll help people SEE me.

but asside from that... it teaches you panic and slow speed manuvering... something NONE of us practice... and often over look.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #63
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
ahh.. understandable then... carry on

who? seriously... who?

I think they should make it a law that every driver and rider MUST take the MSF... increase rider awareness and help give people an understanding of the risks of being a motorcyclist... maybe it'll help people SEE me.

but asside from that... it teaches you panic and slow speed manuvering... something NONE of us practice... and often over look.
Ah ah ah,I do indeed practice slow speed maneuvering all the time. I make a game of it and try to balance at a complete stop. I still think that practicing stoppies helps you learn how to panic stop.....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #64
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
I still think that practicing stoppies helps you learn how to panic stop.....
It does give you better feel with the breaks and more precise modulation of excessive stopping power without locking up the front wheel and really fucking yourself in a panic situation.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 PM   #65
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
It does give you better feel with the breaks and more precise modulation of excessive stopping power without locking up the front wheel and really fucking yourself in a panic situation.
Alright first you play Patapon and now you agree with me on stoppies/panic braking.... you're my new best friend!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:05 PM   #66
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Alright first you play Patapon and now you agree with me on stoppies/panic braking.... you're my new best friend!!!

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 AM   #67
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Yeah and you can't learn the basics unless your parents buy you a Lil' Tykes basketball hoop set and then FORBID you to play on the big boy court... yea,you'll be ready for the NBA in no time like that!

Of course,they sticky it,I never said the advice was bad douche-nozzle,I said the presentation is too sanctimonious!!!

Oh little ol' me? I don't know much of anything about...what you call them again? Oh yea motorcycles.... nope,I just started riding day before yesterday...
man another good analogy, wouldn't the NBA's be like riding SS bikes? vs a beginner bike? i mean there's not alot faster on the roads, esp. for the $. so should a person start in NBA's or in the junior league's?

as for ever person taking the MSF, well it prolly would be a good idea, and who's to say there's not legistion being looked at that might go that direction, esp. w/ the new nanny director in charge.

if i remember you claimed to have been in the military, is that where you took MSF? cuz it's mandatory for all military riders, and sportbikes deaths have been so bad recently, that the military is now mandating sportbike riders (not cruiser riders) to take a 2nd class, still looking for details on that one.

fact 90% of motorcycle DEATHS (not injuries or crashes) are people who are self taught or taught by family and friends. crazy odds.

what are the odds that a young person on a SS person is gonna crash? ask your insurance agent what full coverage is, and get back to me.

as for starter bike, crazy how the most of the world, who taking biking more seriously have tiered licensing, where you have to start w/ a small cc bike as a begineer bike, vs. the wonderful USA where a then noob like yourself could get a beast like a VMAX (the rebuttal for " i made it " is in the contested post.

lucky for you my knowledge is 2x yours, i started riding the day before yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Jeez, Ed, at least attribute the original author (Matt Pickering). He wrote it for a site that was almost exclusively newbie riders, and it was pretty appropriate over there.
who were you on CF ?

correct me if i'm wrong, i posted this in the "new rider" section of this site?

thanks for the name, i'll edit my orig. post.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 11-12-2008 at 08:18 AM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #68
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
who were you on CF ?

correct me if i'm wrong, i posted this in the "new rider" section of this site?

thanks for the name, i'll edit my orig. post.
I was Akraybill over there. Fellow Texas MSF guy. Sorry, that second sentence was for everyone else here, explaining the original audience of the writeup. I get a little peeved when I see it posted around with no mention that someone else wrote it.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #69
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I was Akraybill over there. Fellow Texas MSF guy. Sorry, that second sentence was for everyone else here, explaining the original audience of the writeup. I get a little peeved when I see it posted around with no mention that someone else wrote it.
Yea,it's always fantastic when someone tries to take credit for someone else's work!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #70
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Yea,it's always fantastic when someone tries to take credit for someone else's work!
dare i mention the messiah TWICE in one thread?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote