Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 11-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #31
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Anyone who has lived in Germany/Europe knows that this man has made a valid decision. I've seen Mercedes towing trailers. We had a hitch on my Dad's old Eldorado when I was a kid. I plan to put a hitch on my Bonneville to go to Daytona next year. My point is that the man can easily find hitch for that car and it's tow rated(V-8 anyway) a class II tow vehicle. He can get a "flat tongue" receiver hidden hitch at U-Haul for about $250 installed. Why would ANYONE buy a second vehicle to do something TWICE a year,which was this man's stated purpose?

For the record,I owned a "4 banger" S-10 and it SUCKED for towing! The fuel mileage was HORRIBLE! I was going to Daytona in a "caravan" and I had to stop way more times than guys driving Navigators and Escalades!

I know that I do the same thing but it is humorous to see people form opinions about things they know absolutely nothing about. I worked for U-Haul for a couple years and they sell hitches for pretty much ANY vehicle you can name! BTW I've seen Goldwings tow a small trailer with a sportbike on it in Daytona several times!
Now that my friend, may be the only way to travel.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #32
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VatorMan View Post
I guess it depends on the area. Around here BMW's and Porsche are a dime a dozen.

You might want to check the BMW forums. Seems both cars you are interested in have some electrical gremlins. I would get an extended warranty for either one.
true story, i must see 50 to 100 of them every day. and each one driven by a total prick.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #33
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
true story, i must see 50 to 100 of them every day. and each one driven by a total prick.
Does that mean I'll turn into a prick if I buy one? Or possibly that only total pricks buy BMW's.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #34
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

that you are so hung up on one makes you extremely suspect
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote