Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory
Default Living with the King

OK Originally I was going to pic up the B King n wed but having "Impulse Control Issues" I cut out of work on Monday at 12 and rode the Ducati for the last time to the dealership and Picked up the B-King. Quite a change first the King is far more comfortable than the 999. Interestingly enough and a bit of a surprise to me the B-King has better brakes. (which is good cause the King is a solid 100lbs heavier) Now with a 50 inch wheel base The Kings handling is certainly not in the class with the Ducati or any modern 1 liter sportbike. That said, for what it is handing is excellent. Because the radial brakes being it down quickly going into the corners, combined with a motor that is cammed to produce a lot of torque far lower than its sibling the Hayabusa. This means that as you come out of a corner all 1340 CCs will very quickly put down as much of the 100 ft lbs of torque as you ask it to. As you hit the straights and role into it you are again grateful for the excellent brakes because with the help of all 162 rear wheel horse power(with stock pipes I have the Two Brothers so perhaps as high as 169) so you are in triple digits way sooner than you would expect. One of things that is requiring the most adjustment from me it that because ride high is so high the lean angles can seem a bit radical. All in all in the first 800 or so miles I am very pleased and very impressed.