Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default Some More Pictures Of The Wreck Weekend.

By Chance I have my friend's camera after yesterdays 300 mile ride. We went up into the North Ga Mountains and had a blast. My friend gained some confidence back after his gravel wipe out and I simply promised not to stop if he biffed it.

For those that didn't know, two weeks ago my friend and I went into the mountains. He went wide on a turn and low sided on some gravel. Once I turned around and came to his aid, I pulled off the road (not knowing of the gravel) and wiped out as well. To make the story very funny some poor dude stopped to help us and about 10 minutes after leaving, he returned with a totaled bike. He said he accidentally down shifted in a turn and high sided. I am sure he thinks we passed on bad juju.

Any ways, here are better pics.

This is where my friend accidentally went wide of the white line and right into the gravel.

Scary place to stop and fix up no?

My Bike

My friend pointed out that if I had left the passenger pegs on I probably wouldn't have lost the tail piece. Needless to say this weekend, I had them on.

Both of us were sorta scared to see my Woodcraft Frame Slider in the condition that it was. The impact must have been pretty hard for it to pop out like it did. The exact same sliders on my friends bike did their job perfectly as you will see in his pics.

My friend snapped the last picture of me with my tail on my backpack. Despite his terrible day he said it gave him great joy to watch me ride home like a ninja and use my hand for all left turns.

Friend's SV650

His sliders did their job as well and his front blinker folded upward and save him a ton of front fascia damage. He did bend his handle bar but we were able to fix that. Beyond that he broke off a shifting peg and that was about it.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.

Last edited by Quick281; 02-22-2009 at 11:19 AM..
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote