Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southwest Riders

Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
MNellis
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yea. It happens.
We drove out to Hidden Valley yesturday to take a look around. It's only about 35 minutes but the place is HUGE. I think they said it was about 3000 acres with lots of different things to do. There is one-way motorcycle trails, two way quad/atv stuff and even extreme 4x4 if that suits your fancy. Paintball fields and they're even setting up an entertainment arena.

The courses are marked for difficulty as well. They have about 19 full trailer hook ups and the prices are reasonable, not much more than a regular camp ground.

We took the truck on the trails and, at one point, got a little lost and got onto one of the ATV trails by accident. I thought I was in an extreme 4x4 event for a minute but the jake brake setup on the new Dodges works great going down the hills. It was fun and the first time Beth had ever been 4 wheeling in anthing besides the Chicago snow.

There was a pretty big fire on the next hill as we were leaving. The house was in danger and the Fire Dept had not arrived yet as we were leaving.

We'll be heading out there with the quad in the near future

MNellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #12
pretzel
Squid

Hey Mike,

How extreme is the 4X4 stuff...do you think it might be suitable for m/c observed trials?
pretzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #13
MNellis
Trailer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzel View Post
Hey Mike,

How extreme is the 4X4 stuff...do you think it might be suitable for m/c observed trials?
We saw a couple of spots that would be good for that sort of thing but, again, we only saw what was on the main 4x4 road. There is a lot of different type of stuff out there and I'm sure there is more than ample terrain for Observed Trials type of riding.
MNellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #14
pretzel
Squid

Thanks...might have to look into that.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:31 AM   #15
Chris S
Kneedragger

Moto: '07 KTM Super Duke (for sale), '07 KTM 300 XC-W

Stefan,

There's stuff there as hairy as you'd want to do. It's not all laid out compactly like CP or Wes' place, but there's plenty of good terrain to work w/.
Chris S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #16
pretzel
Squid

Yeah Chris, I found out that some of the guys have been out there scouting for a place for the Austin round of the Texas Series when it was called Boulder Creek. Consensus seems to be that it's similar to CP with some bigger stuff, has potential, but not easily accessible or requires clearing.