Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta
Default Full size truck reccomendations

So I'm in the markety for an 07 or new full sized truck in the next month or so. I've been shopping around the dealership and I've inspected all the big players. My criteria is pretty straight foreword. It must have: leather, a V8, and four doors. Since all the manufactures offer some sort of these, it's coming down to looks.

Dodge Ram - Terrible interior, feels cheap and plastic ( like most Dodge/Chryslers). Rebates are lacking and the MSRP is about 10k higher then comparably equipped trucks from other manufacturers. Pretty much off the list.

Toyota Tundra - Again the interior turns it off for me. For such a big cab, it feels cramped and isolated. The gauge cluster looks like a spaceship, and I would be afraid to touch anything! Exterior seems like a solid truck.

Nissan Titan - Kinda of an opposite thing for this one. The interior is the biggest selling point. Very clean and organized inside with useful options. Not sure if I like the lines on the exterior though. Seems kind of odd.

Ford F150 - The 09's looked ridiculous so I concentrated on the 08's. I love the outside of these trucks. Good lines and it looks like a truck (does that make sense). The interior feels like a car ( much like the tundra) , which is a big turn off for me.

Chevy/GMC - This is the truck I'm having the hardest time with. The interior and exterior are the best looking in its class (IMO of course) But... I've owned both an S10 and a Tahoe in the past. Both of which had quality control issues. Handles breaking, interior plastic cracking, a/c failing. I loved the trucks, but reliability is an issue.

That all being said. Does anyone have any advice to offer about the trucks? Things I may have missed or overlooked? I've yet to drive any of these so all my observations have been on the lot.

Thanks!

Last edited by SteveP; 01-20-2009 at 02:05 PM..
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote