Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 06-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #251
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

I am up for just about anything with the right amount of time and planning. Just gotta work out the schedule and get the vaca put in early.

So, to the powers that be that set where and when the rally will be I am required to have vacation picks submitted by like the middle of January to get them approved and guaranteed off. Otherwise it will be on the chance that some one with higher seniority bumps me out of a vaca spot. But the rule is if I am putting in for dates off then I have to have them submitted three weeks prior. Again as stated above to the whim of a higher seniority co-worker.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #252
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
You have an Ultra Glide!!! What are you complaining about? That beast is BUILT for the long haul. (A good friend of mine has one....we swap bikes sometimes on long rides...that thing will flat spoil you. )
REAL TALK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
You bitch... don't make me ride up there just to make you go...(actually do that.... then I can hit on Uma )
Bring it!

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 PM   #253
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
I've got it!!!!!!

I say we do a rally in a new state each year... but make it so we can travel to other states... so for example...

this year we held it in GA... but rode through GA, SC, NC, and TN so no need for a rally in those four... next would be in say... AR where we could hit AR, MO, MS, AL or LA...

see what I'm saying? it'd get people more "stickers" and would get us out to enjoy the fucking US and not stick to the area's we know...

there are good places to ride in almost EVERY state... and if there isn't the state next to them does.... ie Nebraska or Kansas... got CO or MO or NM right there...

I think it'd lend to our memories and stories about the rallies... IMO
Fucking outstanding idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
14hrs... yikes. But that would be a great ride out.
Quote:
You bitch... don't make me ride up there just to make you go...(actually do that.... then I can hit on Uma )
No shit. Ebbs left from MS and went to the rally in GA, via the UP of MI, on a fucking DRZ!! And you can't ride 14 hours on the couch?? Fucking pansy!!
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 AM   #254
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

That sounds like a splendid idea. Im all for it. Ill be doing my best to make it but it will all be dictated by my school schedule. Im all for a long ride.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:38 AM   #255
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Okay, I'm in as well with one proviso, that we make the rally a LOT longer than this year. I hated that 8 hour drive after only a couple days. I can't imagine how the other guys felt that drove farther. Not to mention the expense involved. Between myself and my gf , we spent about $700 in trip expenses for three nights. That's a bit high imho. If we're going to go long distance, I will expect the rally to last at least a week beyond arrival time.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #256
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay, I'm in as well with one proviso, that we make the rally a LOT longer than this year. I hated that 8 hour drive after only a couple days. I can't imagine how the other guys felt that drove farther. Not to mention the expense involved. Between myself and my gf , we spent about $700 in trip expenses for three nights. That's a bit high imho. If we're going to go long distance, I will expect the rally to last at least a week beyond arrival time.
I agree... but if we move the rally around... some may not be able to swing two weeks off (travel time on both ends)...

I think we plan for a week long rally but do it like Wed through Wed... those that CAN make it that long... DO SO... those that can't... plan for the Friday through Sunday...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:29 AM   #257
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
14hrs... yikes. But that would be a great ride out.
14hrs, WTF thats what it took me to get home this year
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #258
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
14hrs, WTF thats what it took me to get home this year
Yeah sorry about that. I'm sure yours will bel ike 18 if in AR

Run Amsoil Product
Old 06-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #259
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
I am good for a more than a week long rally as long as it falls just right on my schedule I can have 13 days off from work at the expense of only 36 hours vacation time.

Quote:
I agree... but if we move the rally around... some may not be able to swing two weeks off (travel time on both ends)...

I think we plan for a week long rally but do it like Wed through Wed... those that CAN make it that long... DO SO... those that can't... plan for the Friday through Sunday...
If it doesn't fall just right and prolly for Gas' sake we may need to use this option of leaving early. Gas has a rough time getting any decent amount of days off.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #260
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Don't let out all my secrets caveman or I'll have to take it back.

Run Amsoil Product