Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 06-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #261
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

He's not the only one. Getting an entire week off is asking way too much from my job anyway...at least all at once. The Wednesday thru Sunday method has always worked very well for me, and others always have the option to come earlier or stay later.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #262
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Don't let out all my secrets caveman or I'll have to take it back.
take what back, holmes?

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #263
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I agree... but if we move the rally around... some may not be able to swing two weeks off (travel time on both ends)...

I think we plan for a week long rally but do it like Wed through Wed... those that CAN make it that long... DO SO... those that can't... plan for the Friday through Sunday...
I think this is best. If its during the same time next year ill be able to do almost the whole trip. If the bank will allow lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #264
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I would have liked one day extra on the begining, it seemed kinda short to me this year
Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #265
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I would have liked one day extra on the begining, it seemed kinda short to me this year
Yeah same here... it felt shorter than last... but I can't remember if we did Wed through sun last or the same as this year...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #266
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

You guys could have gone longer. I could only go those days. There wasn't anything stopping y'all from staying longer.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:41 PM   #267
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Me and Scrapegoat felt the same way. I'm down for a longer rally but we'll need to start planning early, my schedule's about to blow up as well. I can do a week or two off if I have enough advance notice, so if we want to plan a few extra days around a weekend then those that want a longer rally can meet up, while those like Trip and Rae with schedule issues can meet in the middle.

AK sounds just fine, CO sounds good as well. If we do Colorado then I want to put some loud pipes on a ride through Vale (sp?) in a low gear to irritate the rich people.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #268
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Okay, I'm in as well with one proviso, that we make the rally a LOT longer than this year. I hated that 8 hour drive after only a couple days. I can't imagine how the other guys felt that drove farther. Not to mention the expense involved. Between myself and my gf , we spent about $700 in trip expenses for three nights. That's a bit high imho. If we're going to go long distance, I will expect the rally to last at least a week beyond arrival time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I agree... but if we move the rally around... some may not be able to swing two weeks off (travel time on both ends)...

I think we plan for a week long rally but do it like Wed through Wed... those that CAN make it that long... DO SO... those that can't... plan for the Friday through Sunday...
Trip and I are planning 17 days next year to go out to Cali. Maybe some of you could tag along at certain points, but we won't be stopping at any one place for any length of time.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 PM   #269
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Trip and I are planning 17 days next year to go out to Cali. Maybe some of you could tag along at certain points, but we won't be stopping at any one place for any length of time.
I wish I could go... I don't have the bike for it... and though I may have it by then... if I do... I won't have the $
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #270
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You guys could have gone longer. I could only go those days. There wasn't anything stopping y'all from staying longer.
Um why would I want to hang out and pay $200+ per night at Copperhead without you guys there? I mean my gf is cool and all but I can see her everyday for free...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote