Lorenzo 0 0%
Simoncelli 0 0%
Stoner 0 0%
Dovizioso 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #21
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Stoner's margin of victory: 5.6 seconds. He made a late race pass on Lorenzo for the lead and dropped the Spaniard like a red hot frying pan.

Sic, Crutchlow and Bautista crashed out. Ben Bostrom pulled in after riding through the gravel.

Spies made the last pass in the race, passing Dovi for fourth.

Lorenzo had issues getting off the bike in victory circle.

Update:

Stoner said that he felt he had the pace to be close to the front yesterday, then found something in warm up that helped him go faster. He had to wait for the fuel load to go down for it to work. He saw Pedrosa struggle, passed him. Saw Lorenzo, knew he could go faster, passed and was gone.

Pedrosa said that he was amazed at the pace up front but and struggled bevause his "strength was lacking" as the race went on. He is happy with third place.

Lorenzo said he too was amazed to land on the podium after his crash as he is very sore. "I thought the podium was impossible".

Rossi came over to the Hayden side of the Ducati garage after the race and congratulated the American on a good race--Rossi finished in front of Hayden. When Hayden turned to the cameras, the look on his face suggested he was not overjoyed with the finishing order.

L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:56 PM   #22
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Well, at least Stoner's pass on Lorenzo was exciting! Nothing like '08, but at least it woke me up at the end of the race.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Since I work all day Saturday and Sunday, I just now finished watching the whole race ...

I gotta say, great race by Stoner...Stalking Zo and Pedro, overtaking a tired Dani, then passing Jorge on the outside to take the lead was nothing short of impressive...Simply awesome
Old 07-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #24
buzzcutt2
Fuzznutz

Moto: 98 ZX9

The weather was awesome...it was my first time out there. The elevation change is crazy - tv doesn't do it any justice, just ask Curb about the climb up to the corkscrew.
buzzcutt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #25
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Here's the highlight film from Speed.com...A little over 6 minutes of good stuff...

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

And I'll say it again...Stoner's pass of Lorenzo on the outside is just AWESOME!!