Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #41
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tached1000rr View Post
My commute to work is 60 miles round trip
Mine is 100 and that is why I'm not commuting anymore. Between 77 and 85 I figure I played roulette as long as I can get away with it. Not to mention I need my bike to last, the new VFR is fugly!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #42
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Mileage for driving back and forth to work? Never heard of it, seriously. Isn't that part of having a job?...Getting back and forth to work?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 PM   #43
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Mileage for driving back and forth to work? Never heard of it, seriously. Isn't that part of having a job?...Getting back and forth to work?
Yes... but my base work location is 2 miles from home. Takes 3 mins. I also have 1 more station and 3 more junctions I have to go to regularly.

Work is suppose to provide a truck at the base location for me to use to the other locations. We use to have it. But as part of reducing spending some moron figured it was cheaper to pay for the shitty colorado truck and pay 3 dudes $300+ a month in milage.

F it! I'll take the milage. I make out like crazy on the bike plus I'm on the bike. When I get a new car that gest better mpg then I'll make out there as well. I dont care. I'm just glad I don't have the 1-800 blow me sticker on the back anymore. Plus regardless of when/where, they will never know when/if I get into a accident. F them and that BS. They don't pay my insurance or my deductable. They can kiss it. They do say that I'm suppose to follow all rules like it is a company truck... again. F them... I'll do what I want its my car, they are only paying for its depreciation and expense.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #44
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

I've been riding non-stop year round since 2002. lol This winter was cold...Dec-March...glad its warming up for my 46 mile commute each day in fucking shit traffic.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #45
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Yes... but my base work location is 2 miles from home. Takes 3 mins. I also have 1 more station and 3 more junctions I have to go to regularly.

Work is suppose to provide a truck at the base location for me to use to the other locations. We use to have it. But as part of reducing spending some moron figured it was cheaper to pay for the shitty colorado truck and pay 3 dudes $300+ a month in milage.

F it! I'll take the milage. I make out like crazy on the bike plus I'm on the bike. When I get a new car that gest better mpg then I'll make out there as well. I dont care. I'm just glad I don't have the 1-800 blow me sticker on the back anymore. Plus regardless of when/where, they will never know when/if I get into a accident. F them and that BS. They don't pay my insurance or my deductable. They can kiss it. They do say that I'm suppose to follow all rules like it is a company truck... again. F them... I'll do what I want its my car, they are only paying for its depreciation and expense.
Got ya. That makes sense....stupid for them, but makes sense.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #46
SteveP
Canyon Carver

Moto: The v-twin trifecta

I've been commuting daily for about 6 years now. Once you figure out how to carry everything it's not a pain.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #47
t-homo
WSB Champion

I haven't driven my car in a week now. It got hit by some bitch with no insurance, so I've been bike only.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #48
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I haven't driven my car in a week now. It got hit by some bitch with no insurance, so I've been bike only.
Your insurance should pay for the damages. Thats why you have underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage, after all.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #49
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Your insurance should pay for the damages. Thats why you have underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage, after all.
1,000 dollar deductible. My parents have an autobody guy who rents shop space from them so he is going to give me a deal on it.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #50
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
1,000 dollar deductible. My parents have an autobody guy who rents shop space from them so he is going to give me a deal on it.
Jesus H. Christ.

Quote: