Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 10-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #191
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Strange, I thought the Fusion's 4-cyl was a decent, smooth motor, and it rode very well for the class of car it's in. Problem is the horrible dashboard, with un-readable buttons & gauges.
I was sorely disappointed. My Camry was so old yet I wished several times I had it rather than the Fusion with 15,000 miles. The Camry was still running perfectly fine too, but was getting to the age where everything needed replacing.

I really thought Ford might have done something in the last 10 years.

My step-dad is a DIE HARD Ford man and after driving a Fusion bought a Honda Civic. Until then I've never seen him drive anything but a Ford.
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #192
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

recently rented a fiat 500 down in sofla, fun and snappy for a small car, tight handleing, smooth comfortable ride but forget getting in the back seat. and for being a small car it was horrible on gas, maybe like 26mpg
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #193
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Avis tried to rent me another 4-cyl Altima for the 3rd time in a row this week while on business. Told them they were boring me and they gave me one of the new 306hp V6 Mustangs. Other than the seat comfort and the anemic sounding exhaust (the V6 Mustang I rented about 2 years ago had a throatier exhaust note), I'm having a hard time finding something I don't like about this car. Plenty of power across the RPM range, smooth shifting transmission, good fuel efficiency and I really like the styling. No blind spots, good visibility in the mirrors. Fun to drive.
My neighbor just got one for his wife last week... hopefully snag a ride in it this week.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #194
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Was this the new model Mustang? Agree they look a lot better than before.
Yep - '12 model. I really like the slight changes they made in the 'bulges' in the quarters and the rear lip spoiler is similar to that on the new Camaros. The front end also has a more aggressive look on the profile.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #195
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
My neighbor just got one for his wife last week... hopefully snag a ride in it this week.
I'll say it again - I find it fun to drive. An aftermarket exhuast would definitely up the fun factor.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #196
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Just saw this thread. I rented a HHR in Tampa. That car did blow. The worst part was I couldn't see shit above me. Perfect for an old short person.

I rented a jeep while in Turks and Caicos. That was badass! Especially considering we had to go down a long dirt road to get to our house then up a big hill.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #197
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Not a rental, but a gov TMP is a 2009 Jeep Patriot. How Jeep can even put its name on this vehicle is crazy. FWD w/ 4x4 option is a joke, the engine is anemic at best. A CVT transmission? Really? Ok, lets just run at 6k until it blows...
Cruising on interstate it sat around 4200 rpm. Stupid.
Cargo room blows, as does seating room in the back seat.

I see absolutely no positives about this vehicle, other than the gov bought them and I'm not paying for gas (thankfully), I'd rather pay for fuel in my 3/4 ton diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:18 AM   #198
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I've been stuck with 7 Malibu's over the past couple months while on business trips. It's a quiet and comfortable car, however, the thing is WAY under powered with the 4 cyl engine. The transmission just makes it worse: If you push it off the line, the thing will actually red-line and bounce off the limiter before before catching up and going to the next gear... Which is interesting because you're lucky if you're doing 3mph by that point
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #199
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Not a rental, but a gov TMP is a 2009 Jeep Patriot. How Jeep can even put its name on this vehicle is crazy. FWD w/ 4x4 option is a joke, the engine is anemic at best. A CVT transmission? Really? Ok, lets just run at 6k until it blows...

I see absolutely no positives about this vehicle, other than the gov bought them and I'm not paying for gas (thankfully), I'd rather pay for fuel in my 3/4 ton diesel.
CVTs fucking suck. Can't say it enough.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #200
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post

Our secretary has one. They regret that decision on a daily basis. As not only is it a suck-ass vehicle to start with, but almost everything on it has broken or worn out in 2 years. I've told her many times it'd be cheaper to pay someone to steal it, burn it and then claim it on insurance.

Umm...... Of course I never SAID those things to her....and of course we've never actually DISCUSSED this option