Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 AM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default Hillary then got up and ate the students liver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJA1q...layer_embedded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
shmike
Follower

The thread title makes me lulz.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Geee....someone's a bit testy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Question riles Clinton; translation might have been off

* Story Highlights
* Question at town-hall meeting may have been an error of translation
* When translator posed question, they asked for Bill Clinton's thoughts
* Clinton responded: "I will tell you my opinion; I'm not going to channel my husband"
* State Department: Question "struck a nerve," that her opinion was of less interest

From Steve Brusk and Paul Courson
CNN

(CNN) -- The question may have been lost in translation, but a visibly angry Secretary of State Hillary Clinton bluntly told a town-hall meeting in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Monday, "I will you tell you my opinion, I'm not going to channel my husband."

The unscripted moment happened as Clinton spoke to students at a Congolese university in Kinshasa, the Congo capital.

A male student rose to ask a question about Chinese financial contracts with Congo.

The student asked Clinton what President Obama would think of the deal, but pool reporters in the room said the translator made a mistake, posing the question as what would Bill Clinton think.

Clinton looked surprised when she first heard the translation in the headset, and then sharply replied, "You want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not the secretary of state, I am. You ask my opinion. I will tell you my opinion; I'm not going to channel my husband." VideoWatch Clinton react to question ยป

At the State Department, Assistant Secretary P.J. Crowley said the question she heard "struck a nerve," that her opinion on the matter was apparently of less interest than that of her husband, the former president.

Crowley told CNN that Clinton's answer must be considered in the context of her African trip.

"The secretary of state is going to Goma Tuesday, to draw attention to the plight of women who are victims of rape as a weapon of war" in Congo, Crowley said.

"She did react to what she heard," Crowley explained, but regardless that the interpreter may have gotten it wrong, "you can't separate the question from the setting."

He said "If Africa, if Congo is going to advance, women have to play a more significant role. She was in the setting of a town hall, and the questioner was interested in what two men thought, not the secretary of state."

Crowley, who has just returned to Washington after traveling with Clinton during the first part of her trip to Africa, said the State Department has not yet reviewed recordings of the original question, in French, to learn whether the student clearly intended the question to refer to Obama, not former President Clinton.

"She did talk with the student afterward, and they seemed to have reached an understanding," Crowley said.

All AboutHillary Clinton • U.S. Department of State • Democratic Republic of the Congo

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...ion/index.html

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 08-11-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

She just had her tampon in sideways....

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #6
pauldun170
Serious Business

Girl, 9, details rape in Congo to photographer

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa...ape/index.html

Quote:

Last edited by azoomm; 08-11-2009 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: has nothing to do with the thread and it's more than 5 lines...
Old 08-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Go Hillary! I would be pissed too if I were Secretary of State and someone asked me what my husband thought about something..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Go Hillary! I would be pissed too if I were Secretary of State and someone asked me what my husband thought about something..
But you probably wouldn't be all that defensive unless you were already self-conscious about it for some reason.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
But you probably wouldn't be all that defensive unless you were already self-conscious about it for some reason.
Bingo.

There is a way to do it and a way to fail. The video is the example of fail.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
goof2
AMA Supersport

I think she has always had an inferiority problem with Bill. This wasn't helped when she was put in charge of healthcare reform, which failed miserably, and from a policy standpoint was pushed off to the side for the rest of his Presidency.

Add in that the most successful diplomatic effort of the Obama Presidency so far has been Bill going to North Korea and getting the two journalists back. Depending on who you believe Hillary's state department may have laid all the groundwork to make that trip successful, but all the credit went straight to Bill.

I think Hillary is more than a little bitter that she lost an election she feels she should have won, ended up with the consolation prize of Sec of State to keep her quiet, and is being overshadowed at that position by both her husband and Obama.

Don't discount that Bill was celebrating his birthday in Vegas the same day this video was taken. I seriously think she is a very bitter person and this was some of that coming out.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote