Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 05-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #231
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
A nap? Who the fuck can sleep! We have a rally to attend!!!

I didn't sleep worth a damn last night and was up early full of energy. I'm hoping work tires me out or I'm going to be bouncing off the walls tonight. My hyperness has kicked in overdrive!!!
Sounds like one of my friends here. Me, I'm just laid back making it through a slow workday. I'll go to the gym tonight and burn any extra energy.

I have a few last minute things to do; get a haircut because I'll have the lid on forever and long hair bugs me, finish packing the saddlebags, and try to locate a digital camera I can live with. The bike's all ready to go- washed and waxed, chain checked cleaned and lubed, brakes bled, tires checked. No suspension upgrades unfortunately- still don't have my emulators. Very close to canceling the order and going somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #232
tommymac
Moto GP Star

This rain seems to be tracking more to the north so that may bode well for me getting out of NY and down to meet sixxer. just not sure about that one strip of ugly looking rain thats still down by GA, not sure if we will get stuck in that and if so how bad will it be by later this evening/tomorrow morning.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #233
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Tom, the pattern has been it dying off by midnight or so lately so it may clear out ok for y'all by the time you're down this way.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #234
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Tom, the pattern has been it dying off by midnight or so lately so it may clear out ok for y'all by the time you're down this way.
I am hoping so. I have been watching the radar all morning, it def looks like its weakening/getting smaller. Our concern was which way was it going to go. Now it looks like we may only get hit with the tail end of it and that depends on which way it goes and if it continues to weaken. i am feeling more and more optimistic about it now.

Tom
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #235
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Be glad you weren't coming through this morning!!! It was like driving in a waterfall this morning when I was coming into work!! It shouldn't be that bad for y'all tomorrow but you might catch some of it.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #236
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Be glad you weren't coming through this morning!!! It was like driving in a waterfall this morning when I was coming into work!! It shouldn't be that bad for y'all tomorrow but you might catch some of it.
I saw all that this morning, looked prety bad down there. were figuring were going to get rained on its just a question of where and for how long at this point. Sixxer and I have been texting all afternoon figuring out our plans and weather we should try to leave earlier or later.
Tom
Old 05-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #237
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I just looked at the Radar...Def See the Tail of the storm...and thats probably the only thing that worries

So far we should be good to go...

Gonna try and nap...Im getting more excited now that im done work!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #238
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I hope to be out soon and will monitor things when I get home. Looks like baltimore/dc may get hit with a little rain soon and just scattered stuff for several hrs after that. So I think the first leg of the trip should be ok. I just want to know what the tail of the storm will do and hope we dont run across it.

Tom
Old 05-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #239
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Yeah...Sounds good...I think once we get on the road things will fall into place...And If we have to seek refugee...Fuck it, Like I said...Im up for the adventure...Ill have a sotry to tell my grandkids!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #240
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Yeah...Sounds good...I think once we get on the road things will fall into place...And If we have to seek refugee...Fuck it, Like I said...Im up for the adventure...Ill have a sotry to tell my grandkids!!!
So long as it doesnt involve derf or the ball gag its all good LOL

Tom