Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 10-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default TWF track day, northeast

After talking with marko at the NE rally I go tthe idea to see if we could plan a group track day next season. First theres some stuff we will need to figure out.

Which track: I figured we have a few choices and want to make it somewhat central so more people can come. Figure we have NJMP, Beaver Run, Summit point (depending on the pavement situation), and VIR ( I would prefer the south over the north course.

What time of year: later in the season or earlier, I would prefer earlier but with the big rally in early june it may be tougher for some people. Not too keen on heading south in the 90 degree days of july and august though. Also weekday vs weekend since the weekend days fill up fast.

What organization: I think if we get a large enough group we could try to get a discounted rate. Also if anyone is tight with someone in a particualr org we could look into that. Mos torgs will have next years schedules out around the end of the year so once they start comming out we can pick a day or days.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I know CEO used to run with Tony's alot. Now he's a control rider with Boston Moto. He might be able to help us out if we can get enough people together. And both of those guys run down this way, Pocono, NJMP, etc.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:00 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I know CEO used to run with Tony's alot. Now he's a control rider with Boston Moto. He might be able to help us out if we can get enough people together. And both of those guys run down this way, Pocono, NJMP, etc.
That could work, I hadnt ridden with either of those clubs but have heard good stuff about them. Plus I had fun on lightning on monday so am abit biased towards NJMP (plus its closer to home for me )

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
CasterTroy

CMP has new pavement and new schedules....I hope to check it out in the next month or so
Old 10-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I'm changing this to northeast, since I doubt this has hope of going to a southern track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I'm changing this to northeast, since I doubt this has hope of going to a southern track.
Thanks dream killer
Old 10-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Thanks dream killer
start a southeastern one. I would probably show up to one of those, wouldn't ride, but I could bring the SLR and shoot.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
start a southeastern one. I would probably show up to one of those, wouldn't ride, but I could bring the SLR and shoot.
CEO has 3 bikes, ride on of his.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
CEO has 3 bikes, ride on of his.
Come down here, the tracks are better.

I will probably take my GS to a track day eventually, but it will be a local private day where only 7 people are on a track at a time.
Quote:
Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 AM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Come down here, the tracks are better.

I will probably take my GS to a track day eventually, but it will be a local private day where only 7 people are on a track at a time.
I'd love to. But, as you might imagine, it's probably not gonna happen.

Quote: