Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Correct. It's called choice. People that join the military havent shot at people but they seem to get the hang of it when that time comes.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
lol, so a regular citizen with no training, no authority, and possible emotional or racist motives is now the judge, jury & executioner

Oh well........I bet most people who praise this law only praise it in principle, and wouldn't have the stomach to actually carry it out if they had the chance, lolz
I trust them about as much as a cop without enough training, way too much authority, possible emotional or racist motives, and the potential some power trip drove them to the job in the first place.

You are probably right about the people praising it, but as Rangerscott said it is called choice. I trust my ability to make that choice for myself based on what I know of myself compared to whatever arbitrary decision the government enforces on everyone "for our own good".
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Choice to use deadly force against a deadly threat -----> Fine.

Choice to use deadly force to stop someone from running away with your stuff ------> Not fine IMO, since the cops themselves don't have that choice, unless Texas police code permits it, which I doubt unless maybe the burglar was armed and therefore presented a threat to the public.

Don't most people have home/renter's insurance anyway? What's worse, having to spend your $500 deductible, or having to spend thousands defending yourself in some kind of wrongful death lawsuit?

Last edited by Homeslice; 06-12-2013 at 02:09 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #14
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Just cuz you hold a thiefs life in high regard didn't mean i have too.
This is what it comes down to and why some people see this as approrpiate and others wonder how this can be legal in America. Its interesting to see how big a gap there is even within one country.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Its called pussification of america. There used to be a time when theives were actually punished and the "people" got to help with that.

Why stop when youll just get sent to jail for a couple months for petty crimes or not even that. Theres countries that cut off hands and then there is us, wrist slappers.

I AM THE LAW!

Last edited by Rangerscott; 06-12-2013 at 02:33 PM..
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Choice to use deadly force against a deadly threat -----> Fine.

Choice to use deadly force to stop someone from running away with your stuff ------> Not fine IMO, since the cops themselves don't have that choice, unless Texas police code permits it, which I doubt unless maybe the burglar was armed and therefore presented a threat to the public.

Don't most people have home/renter's insurance anyway? What's worse, having to spend your $500 deductible, or having to spend thousands defending yourself in some kind of wrongful death lawsuit?
You don't have Felony Running there? Austin police shoot all the time and simply claim they were running and therefore suspicious.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #17
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Where I live I am 911.