Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #61
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
How is it balance to put a financial collar around a man for 18 years? The woman has options, the man does not. You are punishing the man for a far longer time frame and his is much more harsh, plus he has 0 options in this punishment to shorten it. Being able to hold someone financially hostage is not anywhere near overall equity. You are also creating a child that will be punished and have severe issues by this as well.

My wife is at 14 weeks right now, if she had an abortion today, her life would of been minimally impacted.
Back to the 'invasive process' thing again. The woman has all of the risk up front, and it's not insubstantial risk either way she goes. Don't want to pay for 18 years? Don't bang her. Some mistakes have lifetime consequences.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #62
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Back to the 'invasive process' thing again. The woman has all of the risk up front, and it's not insubstantial risk either way she goes. Don't want to pay for 18 years? Don't bang her. Some mistakes have lifetime consequences.
So you just blew your whole argument out of the water, basically you went from arguing your point of view was fair to saying tough shit you have to deal with it for a lifetime. So now you are neither equal or fair, you just want to keep the status quo. We have given women the power to say this is not a lifetime mistake, but something you can end, don't see why this shouldn't be an option for men as well.

The woman's risk is very low with the procedure, much lower than actually going full term.

I wonder how long we can keep this going? LoL It's not like anyone is here or cares, its fun to read when bored in the middle of the day.

Last edited by Trip; 04-24-2014 at 12:18 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #63
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
So you just blew your whole argument out of the water, basically you went from arguing your point of view was fair to saying tough shit you have to deal with it for a lifetime. So now you are neither equal or fair, you just want to keep the status quo. We have given women the power to say this is not a lifetime mistake, but something you can end, don't see why this shouldn't be an option for men as well.

The woman's risk is very low with the procedure, much lower than actually going full term.

I wonder how long we can keep this going? LoL It's not like anyone is here or cares, its fun to read when bored in the middle of the day.
I said it before: Equitable.

The woman's health and future are at risk in the beginning. The man's finances are at risk for the future. And to top it off, as I also already stated, society's finances at at issue if the woman is left alone to raise the children, and can't do it alone.

I didn't blow anything out of the water. I'm remaining quite consistent in my argument.

I'm at lunch and frequently waiting for callbacks, so I've got time

Old 04-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #64
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I for one, love the new trend of 'virgins' having going anal to maintain their virginity. Seems to me like society is solving a lot of these problems on their own.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #65
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I for one, love the new trend of 'virgins' having going anal to maintain their virginity. Seems to me like society is solving a lot of these problems on their own.
Never knew any "good Catholic girls" when you were growing up, did you? Not so new

Old 04-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #66
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Never knew any "good Catholic girls" when you were growing up, did you? Not so new
Interestingly enough, most of the Catholic girls I knew were good girls... actually, maybe all of them.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #67
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I said it before: Equitable.

The woman's health and future are at risk in the beginning. The man's finances are at risk for the future. And to top it off, as I also already stated, society's finances at at issue if the woman is left alone to raise the children, and can't do it alone.

I didn't blow anything out of the water. I'm remaining quite consistent in my argument.

I'm at lunch and frequently waiting for callbacks, so I've got time
I don't see how anything about it is equitable.

In the man's case once an egg gets fertilized he has zero options, his fate is completely out of his hands. The woman from that point can 1) take Plan B/RU486 and terminate immediately at virtually no risk to the "mother" (since she isn't technically pregnant yet), 2) have a low risk outpatient abortion performed, 3) put the baby up for adoption, or 4) keep the baby. Giving one party multiple options with risks ranging from virtually none to very low while the other party has zero options sounds pretty inequitable to me.

Quote:
My wife is at 14 weeks right now, if she had an abortion today, her life would of been minimally impacted.
Congrats
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote