Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #31
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca_007 View Post
But now that I have all that types out it's really the entire package that I look at. Before buying anything I would have a spreadsheet with price, performance, and sidenotes all laid out.

That's because you're a woman and women tend to be more sensible than men.

I know that I gave reasons for making my choices, but those were pretty much bullshits. It's more like, "ooh, I like it...I MUST HAVE IT!!!" and out comes the check book.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 PM   #32
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post
I'm kinda in the same question boat right now. I'm currently riding a gs500e that I've done just about everything you can do to a stocker, and quite honestly getting kinda bored with the power its putting down. I was told that when I was bored, it was just me getting used to the power and then I could start to take it on its limits a little more. The problem is I only ride street, so I don't wanna tear up the streets because they have laws against that. This summer I'm gonna ride the crap out of the little thing and whether I'm bored or not ride it anyway. I'm gearing up for the next bike which has to primarily get around town and well. I would like something to be able to take on longer trips (250 miles per day), something that isn't afraid of the twisties, but isn't too punishing. Right now it seems to be the z1000 z750s fz6, sv650s (not the best tourer by all means but capable) f4i. Those seem to be the key tickets lately. Lemme know what anyone thinks.

If you are serious, I may have my Z up for sale before long...
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #33
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Marko is a Buell Ho!
Tis true. I love them.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #34
bombadillo
Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
If you are serious, I may have my Z up for sale before long...
The only thing I don't like about the 750 so far is the front suspenders! I'd love to be able to change damp. rates. Other than that, it looks like what I'd want for day to day.
bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote