Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders

Old 07-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8
Default Track Days near Charlotte

Are there any tracks in the Charlotte area (or within a couple of hours) in NC or SC? There's a good chance I am relocating this summer and wanted to get the lay of the land.
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Devils Ridge in Sanford NC, Road Atlanta in Atlanta GA,Summit Point in Summit WV, I really cant think of any other places that does them or where they are, nor do I know who actually runs those trackdays.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Carolina Motorsports Park will be the closest to you. It's a good track, was a lot better before they took out the tight corners.

sportbiketracktime.com puts on a good day there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:39 PM   #4
zer0t
Kneedragger

Hey thanks for the quick responses.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 AM   #5
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

CMP is the closest to you. Short and very technical. Great for smaller bikes, big bikes don't have enough room to stretch out.

Roblin(g) Roads is another small track near you. Small track, very technical.

VIR in VA

Road ATL in Ga

are the closest to you. These are all curiosity of Jeeps. He's road all these and says you'll be satisfied with any of them.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #6
zer0t
Kneedragger

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
CMP is the closest to you. Short and very technical. Great for smaller bikes, big bikes don't have enough room to stretch out.

Roblin(g) Roads is another small track near you. Small track, very technical.

VIR in VA

Road ATL in Ga

are the closest to you. These are all curiosity of Jeeps. He's road all these and says you'll be satisfied with any of them.

These are the ones that I would have listed.

Also this one which is real close to Charlotte BUT not sure about trackdays etc...

http://racehighrock.com/home.aspx
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Looni2ns
Crazy Lady Rider

Moto: '05 SV650S "Baby", '00 Bandit 600S "Rita", '87 EX500 (track)

If you're in Charlotte, it's about 2 hrs to Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) in Kershaw, SC. Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in Alton, VA is about 3.5 hrs. away. Road Atlanta (Road A) in Brazelton, GA is about 3.5 away. Roebling Road (RRR) is just outside of Savannah, GA, is about 5.25 hrs. Talladega Gran Prix (Little Tally) in Munford, AL is about 4 hours away. Barber Motorsports Park (Barber) in Leeds, LA is 6 hours away.

Depending on when you get settled, we'll be at CMP on 8/22-23, Tally on 10/17-18, and Barber on 11/21-22 (w/e before Turkey Day). Check out the site in my sig for more details. We have links to the individual tracks so you can check out the layout. You're moving to one of the best locations for access to tracks and great mountain riding.

Last edited by Looni2ns; 07-07-2009 at 04:39 PM..
Looni2ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #9
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looni2ns View Post
If you're in Charlotte, it's about 2 hrs to Carolina Motorsports Park (CMP) in Kershaw, SC. Virginia International Raceway (VIR) in Alton, VA is about 3.5 hrs. away. Road Atlanta (Road A) in Brazelton, GA is about 3.5 away. Roebling Road (RRR) is just outside of Savannah, GA, is about 5.25 hrs. Talladega Gran Prix (Little Tally) in Munford, AL is about 4 hours away. Barber Motorsports Park (Barber) in Leeds, LA is 6 hours away.

Depending on when you get settled, we'll be at CMP on 8/22-23, Tally on 10/17-18, and Barber on 11/21-22 (w/e before Turkey Day). Check out the site in my sig for more details. We have links to the individual tracks so you can check out the layout. You're moving to one of the best locations for access to tracks and great mountain riding.
I'd love to make the CMP trip but I will not be able to, but I should be able to make the October dates at Tally. I will hit you up closer to that date for sure.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
zer0t
Kneedragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looni2ns View Post

Cool, will do.