Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Central Riders

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #11
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ok... so now I can lock in the dates... I need to know what everyone is comfortable spending... I'd like to go with a nicer hotel as the one we ended up with was shit compared to the price and reviews...

I was think'n if we can all scrape $150 each together... I think we could get into a decent place... that's $150 total per person... at 4 rooms with everyone who said they'er a definate and including those that are tenitive... that's 2550... but we'd need 5 rooms... so 5 rooms 5 nights... (wed night through Sunday) leaves us sitting at 102 a night. now I supposedly have $400 in vouchers... but haven't been able to find out if they're just in the system or what.

the other thing is... we need to figure out what days everyone is gonna be there...

I'm gonna be there Wed night for fucking sure. I really wanna do the pit walk and see all the days of practice.

if we only have 2 or 3 people who are gonna come up wed... then I'll just get one room for 5 nights... and the others will be for 4 or what ever you guys can swing...

but remember this is Laborday weekend... so you probably have monday off anyhow... so you may be able to swing an extra day off.

The only other issue is, we need to figure out how to go about paying for the room... I'm not sure I can swing putting $2500+ on my credit card for a year... and wait to the race to get the money from you guys... the intrest will kill me... and as I'm buying a bike, and a house... i won't have much left over to pay it off...

$150total is still cheaper than the cheapest hotels... ($90+ a night) so you won't do better on your own... so let's brain storm...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote