Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #11
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Route 66 sounds awesome, you going solo or with a group?
It will be myself and a friend from England. He sent me $2000 to buy him a bike to ride and if all goes well, I'll have one this weekend. I'm taking about a month off for the trip.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:59 AM   #12
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Nikwax. Yes yes yes.

I have ridden through storms that would drown a frog and I have yet to have my gloves let me down.

I'm sure it helps to start with a great pair of gloves though, so take that for what it's worth.

The two pairs I rotate through are 1) BMW Atlantic gore-tex gloves, and 2) Gerbing T5 heated gloves.

I'm yet to have wet hands, ever, in over 200,000 miles with the combination or either of these gloves.

Reviews are good. Getting the right reviews are better.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #13
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
I've been wanting to try the Neverwet but, haven't had any spare money to buy any. It looks like it would be good stuff! I want to treat my boots before my Route 66 trip in June!
Turbo, hit me up when you're coming through the Oklahoma section. I literally live 1/2 mile from Route 66. I'll ride with ya for a while if you come thorugh when I'm free.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:37 PM   #14
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
2) Gerbing T5 heated gloves.
Did those come from ME?

I looked for over an hour in the attic for them last week. I KNOW I'm not THAT senile! But I can't remember if they went along with RT as well as the socks, vest and controller...etc

I'm losing my friggin MIND
Old 01-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #15
G-Rex
Where to next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Did those come from ME?

I looked for over an hour in the attic for them last week. I KNOW I'm not THAT senile! But I can't remember if they went along with RT as well as the socks, vest and controller...etc

I'm losing my friggin MIND

You're getting senile. You didn't give me *any* heated gear. Or the controller. Jerk.

I got all of my heated gear about 2 years ago.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:34 PM   #16
CasterTroy

Sweet! That means I still got it

Old 01-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #17
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Quote:
Turbo, hit me up when you're coming through the Oklahoma section. I literally live 1/2 mile from Route 66. I'll ride with ya for a while if you come thorugh when I'm free.
You're on! Got any tent-space available? We're gathering connections through ADV for tent-space rather than motel-ing it! This is a po'boy journey!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:46 AM   #18
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
It will be myself and a friend from England. He sent me $2000 to buy him a bike to ride and if all goes well, I'll have one this weekend. I'm taking about a month off for the trip.
That's awesome, especially since for him it'll be new stuff to see.

My trip is so far coming in at 28 days, I keep thinking I need to shorten it, but so far only 7 of the 28 days will I need to get a hotel room, the others I'll be visiting friends and family, and hopefully catching some couch space and a hot shower but a few places I'll stay a couple days, like seeing Ebbs up in CO and G-rex in ok (hopefully) since I've got several family members in that vicinity too. Kathy on here might go with me for some of mine, but so far it's a solo trip.

Quote:
Nikwax. Yes yes yes.

I have ridden through storms that would drown a frog and I have yet to have my gloves let me down.

I'm sure it helps to start with a great pair of gloves though, so take that for what it's worth.

The two pairs I rotate through are 1) BMW Atlantic gore-tex gloves, and 2) Gerbing T5 heated gloves.

I'm yet to have wet hands, ever, in over 200,000 miles with the combination or either of these gloves.

Reviews are good. Getting the right reviews are better.
Thanks hun, definitely a good review.

My new pants and gloves were supposed to be delivered today, but now UPS says no info available due to something about weather. It was 80 degrees here yesterday, what in the world are they talking about...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #19
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the nikwax. I use it once a year now to freshen the waterproofing on my 10 year old jacket and it works great! I use campdry on my boots if I see it's going to rain and it works well.