Moto: CBR 1000RR

fujimoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:40 PM   #12
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
My phone is locked, good luck getting to anything on it.

I have a card next to my id and insurance card that has emergency contact info.
Used to do this to then realized that if something happened noone could try and help save me or contact people if need be...
Old 10-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #13
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Does an EMT/first responder have access to a bar code scanner? If it were a true emergency, are they going to take the extra time to find a bar code scanner and scan this thing? Why would I want this information stored online with some random company? Why pay $10 bucks for that when you can make it yourself for free?
Useless. If you are serious enough that you can't speak then the last thing I'm looking through is your info. Also, no emt/medic/medical personel is going to risk having someone's personal info on their smartphone. You'd be sued, fired, and lose any licensing you had.

Medical bracelets themselves are about useless now. Half the time I can't even tell if it is a medical bracelet because it looks like a normal bracelet until I turn it over. The FFs usually cut that off long before EMS arrives anyways. Blood type doesnt' matter. I'm not doing a transfussion in the back of an ambulance and the doctors are going to test your blood before they give you any (no way in hell they are risking their career over some random card). If you have to have it fast then you get 0-.

At the hospital, they will go through your shit. A card with maybe your daily medications and some basic contact info wouldn't hurt. I'd probably initial the card too. On that side of things I'm not too clear because I don't usually hang around for the after.