Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 12-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default fuckin wow.

I'm a believer... Jon Jones is NOT to be fucked with. I was expecting exactly what happened until the very end... Somewhere in Vegas, Cody Mackenzie is celebrating...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #2
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

All around, a great card. Korean Zombie with a super quick KO, Mir fucking up Big Nog's arm, and Jones just making it look easy in that second round. Good shit tonight.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
All around, a great card. Korean Zombie with a super quick KO, Mir fucking up Big Nog's arm, and Jones just making it look easy in that second round. Good shit tonight.
For sure... Second time I've seen Mir break an arm in the octagon... I wanted Machida so bad in this fight, but I'm not upset at all by the outcome...

It's Rashad or nobody else for a long, long time.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
For sure... Second time I've seen Mir break an arm in the octagon... I wanted Machida so bad in this fight, but I'm not upset at all by the outcome...

It's Rashad or nobody else for a long, long time.
I'm not sure if Rashad's got the technique. He's got the power to knock Jones out, but I don't think he'll get much of a shot. The Forrest Griffin that beat Rua and Rampage might have been able to. He would have been smart enough to hack away at those bird legs, but he's nowhere near the same fighter that he was. Hendo might have a shot. He's got the chin to eat a few punches and grind out a win, but he gets sloppy. He could easily punch himself into a submission.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Old 12-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Jones is right, he's going to be champ for years to come I believe.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #6
jalaan1
orangina Zed

Moto: '12 Z1000

Quote:
I'm a believer... Jon Jones is NOT to be fucked with. I was expecting exactly what happened until the very end... Somewhere in Vegas, Cody Mackenzie is celebrating...
Quote:
I'm not sure if Rashad's got the technique. He's got the power to knock Jones out, but I don't think he'll get much of a shot. .

^^^^^^ yup!

he is really impressing me.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
I'm not sure if Rashad's got the technique. He's got the power to knock Jones out, but I don't think he'll get much of a shot. The Forrest Griffin that beat Rua and Rampage might have been able to. He would have been smart enough to hack away at those bird legs, but he's nowhere near the same fighter that he was. Hendo might have a shot. He's got the chin to eat a few punches and grind out a win, but he gets sloppy. He could easily punch himself into a submission.
I dunno... I Rashad has the athleticism to match Jones, better wrestling (debatable), and quickness that can be used to get inside... I definitely wouldn't be betting against Jones, but I think now that Machida failed, Rashad's the only guy with a chance.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
Corey
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I dunno... I Rashad has the athleticism to match Jones, better wrestling (debatable), and quickness that can be used to get inside... I definitely wouldn't be betting against Jones, but I think now that Machida failed, Rashad's the only guy with a chance.
Agreed, though Rashad has to get past Phil Davis first. It's a fight that he should really win. Davis may be undefeated, but the level of opponent isn't anywhere near that of what Rashad has faced. Still, Davis has a good wrestling background and may have a smart enough game plan to grind out a win. Or, if Evans isn't taking this fight seriously, he could end up submitted like Melvin Guillard and flat out lose his title shot.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Agreed, though Rashad has to get past Phil Davis first. It's a fight that he should really win. Davis may be undefeated, but the level of opponent isn't anywhere near that of what Rashad has faced. Still, Davis has a good wrestling background and may have a smart enough game plan to grind out a win. Or, if Evans isn't taking this fight seriously, he could end up submitted like Melvin Guillard and flat out lose his title shot.
Unless Davis' striking has improved by leaps and bounds, I don't see him standing a chance. Rashad is so motivated I'm pretty sure he could walk through just about anyone to get to Jones... He's reaching that point in his career where he can't fuck around, and he's on record as saying he's well aware of what's at stake...
Old 12-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Unless Davis' striking has improved by leaps and bounds, I don't see him standing a chance. Rashad is so motivated I'm pretty sure he could walk through just about anyone to get to Jones... He's reaching that point in his career where he can't fuck around, and he's on record as saying he's well aware of what's at stake...