Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Northeast Riders

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM   #101
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
so how was carlisle? did it suck less than last year? i opted to save my gas and $$ this year.
No....just as shitty as every year. I'm seriously not going next year.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #102
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
No....just as shitty as every year. I'm seriously not going next year.
that sux. this is as good as it gets around here for bike events. truly sad.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #103
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I cannot comment as to how good it was to last year but it was decent. Would hv been lots better had it not been 100* outside.

Ride home via I76 was hella awesome. I am never gg thru state college again. The highway twists, scenery, and oh the tunnels make the added toll ($15.50) so worth it.

Plus our ride home was picture perfect weather. All the cages were speeding at like 80mph so we we're averaging 85-90mph. Made great time even with nice long chillaxin stops for gas/potty/eat or snack.

As always marko and his wife were great hosts. I know tt caveman, his wife, uma and myself had a great time. Dispite the weather.
Yes, I must say it was an overall great trip. The ride out there stopping at State College wasn't tt great. But, once there meeting Mrs. Marko and the pooch was a great time. Once Tommy got there it was a party.

The rally was bigger than I have ever been to and there were a lot of cool vendors that I am glad that either Gas or I got some literature from. I was able to even grab a new lid as mine was lookin seriously F'ed up. Now I have a lid that belongs with the new wheels.

The ride home was actually one of the best long distance stretches I have done. Weather was great no serious winds and prolly no more than 80-85* degrees till the sun went down and no less than 70-75* after sundown. The cool curves of the highway through the mountains of PA were awesome only to be topped by the teeth rattling sound of two HD's blasting their way through three substantially long tunnels. By the time we were in the busy parts of the route home it was late enough that there was virtually no traffic.

Hope to hang with Marko and wife and Tommy again soon perhaps some riding in Michigan or perhaps a two wheel venture out to the Big Apple.

Thanks for a great time.

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #104
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Yes, I must say it was an overall great trip. The ride out there stopping at State College wasn't tt great. But, once there meeting Mrs. Marko and the pooch was a great time. Once Tommy got there it was a party.

The rally was bigger than I have ever been to and there were a lot of cool vendors that I am glad that either Gas or I got some literature from. I was able to even grab a new lid as mine was lookin seriously F'ed up. Now I have a lid that belongs with the new wheels.

The ride home was actually one of the best long distance stretches I have done. Weather was great no serious winds and prolly no more than 80-85* degrees till the sun went down and no less than 70-75* after sundown. The cool curves of the highway through the mountains of PA were awesome only to be topped by the teeth rattling sound of two HD's blasting their way through three substantially long tunnels. By the time we were in the busy parts of the route home it was late enough that there was virtually no traffic.

Hope to hang with Marko and wife and Tommy again soon perhaps some riding in Michigan or perhaps a two wheel venture out to the Big Apple.

Thanks for a great time.
Glad to have you guys. You're welcome here anytime. I guess I'm surprised you guys liked 76 better than the run through State College. Shouldn't be shocking, but it is.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #105
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Glad to have you guys. You're welcome here anytime. I guess I'm surprised you guys liked 76 better than the run through State College. Shouldn't be shocking, but it is.
I will be back after your next beer sharing party at work
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 AM   #106
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I will be back after your next beer sharing party at work
Shoulda taken the rest of that case with you.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #107
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Shoulda taken the rest of that case with you.
If I drank the BK monster and the wyerbachers I may still be laying on your couch
Old 07-27-2010, 09:04 AM   #108
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
If I drank the BK monster and the wyerbachers I may still be laying on your couch
That barely wine is some serious shit.

We killed the half gallon of Jack though.

Quote:
Old 07-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #109
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
That barely wine is some serious shit.

We killed the half gallon of Jack though.
That was also prety impressive, I looked at all the empties I had and was wondering how I was so functional at such an early hour
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #110
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
That was also prety impressive, I looked at all the empties I had and was wondering how I was so functional at such an early hour
We killed a good bit of booze. And stayed pretty tame. I'm sure the neighbors loved the 10pm drum-off.

Quote: