Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default iPod guru's... help me out here...

So I've been wanting an iPod for a while now and I finally took the plunge and bought one tonight... 80GB iPod classic... black... it's badass... I love it... I have a couple questions...

1) After uploading all of my music, everything's FUCKED! I have artists, albums, and shit listed multiple times... I need to go in and reset all of them so they match up the way they're supposed to... So instead of having 13 listings for a band, it condenses everything into one... I'm iTunes retarded, but everything I can see so far looks as though it's not going to do it for me.

2) I have the factory CD player in my truck, but want to hook it up to my iPod... I figure I have a few options... the CD changer wiring harness for $140, the generic wiring harness for $65, the crappo FM modulator that uses the antenna input for $30, or the crappier FM transmitter for like $50. The CD changer harness looks interesting as I can use my CD player to control the iPod... At the same time though, I could spend the same money and get an aftermarket CD player with the iPod connection already in it... I'd have to rip apart my dash either way. Are there any options that I am missing?

3) Where's a good place to buy those protective covers for this thing? Not the shitty sleeve, or leather pouches... the sticky things that attaches to the front and back in two separate peices...

4) Got any sources for cheap earbuds? The kind that go inside your ears... I found a tut on how to make your own and was thinking of doing that, but if I can find some good ones cheap, I'd rather just do that.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #2
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

1. It won't do it for you that I know of. Manually move stuff into just one listing for that artist

2. I have a $70 fm transmitter that kicks ass. I love it because I can put it in any car

4. I have a $30 set of Phillips that sound great. Don't use the earbuds that often, though
Old 03-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I have a crappy fm tuner, it works fine.

www.iskin.com for covers, they are pricey, but work well.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

for question 1.) is it fucked up in iTunes or your iPod? if it's iTunes... delete all your songs.. (just from the library don't delete them from your computer obviously) then add them back in... I used to have an issue because I keep my music on an external drive... that i'd read every song twice... then I'd go and delete the ones I thought were dups only to find out it was pointed at the same file as the one I wanted to keep.

question 2) naw you have all the options I know of listed... I'd go with the aftermarket stereo... something with an headphone jack so you still use the ipod to choose the songs... I've used the FM modulators and an Alpine changer plug and though the alpine plug sounds FAR better... it's a pain in the ASS to use the iPod through the alpine head unit... (if I had a motorized screen one it'd be a diffrent story) so I used the FM modulator alot

question 3) This what your talking about?

question 4) I personally went with the Shure e2c noise eliminating headphones... they fucking rawked... but they're not cheap... $100-110... I could put them in and turn them up 1/4 and couldn't hear anyone around me in a normal area... 1/2 volume would kill any sound short of a jet... and full volume I couldn't hear ANYTHING... even a fuck'n jet.. (I walked by one in Kuwait and seriously couldn't hear it)
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #5
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I have a crappy fm tuner, it works fine.

www.iskin.com for covers, they are pricey, but work well.
That's a little more than I was looking for... I wanted to kinda personalize it and protect it... I've seen ones that are like gel stickers that go on the front and back... they have a ton of different designs...

The FM tuner thing bothers me... I kinda figure I might as well just say fuck it and buy a new head unit...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:47 AM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
for question 1.) is it fucked up in iTunes or your iPod? if it's iTunes... delete all your songs.. (just from the library don't delete them from your computer obviously) then add them back in... I used to have an issue because I keep my music on an external drive... that i'd read every song twice... then I'd go and delete the ones I thought were dups only to find out it was pointed at the same file as the one I wanted to keep.

question 2) naw you have all the options I know of listed... I'd go with the aftermarket stereo... something with an headphone jack so you still use the ipod to choose the songs... I've used the FM modulators and an Alpine changer plug and though the alpine plug sounds FAR better... it's a pain in the ASS to use the iPod through the alpine head unit... (if I had a motorized screen one it'd be a diffrent story) so I used the FM modulator alot

question 3) This what your talking about?

question 4) I personally went with the Shure e2c noise eliminating headphones... they fucking rawked... but they're not cheap... $100-110... I could put them in and turn them up 1/4 and couldn't hear anyone around me in a normal area... 1/2 volume would kill any sound short of a jet... and full volume I couldn't hear ANYTHING... even a fuck'n jet.. (I walked by one in Kuwait and seriously couldn't hear it)
It's not really that anything is fucked up per say... it's just I never really dicked with setting up my music files with any sort of consistency when ripping them, so they're all ripped a little different... in terms of the title/artist/album information... For example, I've got songs from the same album showing up in different places.... I was hoping there was some program that would fix all that shit for me so I didn't have to manually do it...

I was looking at a JVC head unit on Crutchfield for like $130... it has iPod controls, comes with the cable, and everything...

Those skins are sorta what I was talking about... I remember seeing a place one time that had ones like that, but had like 100,000 different options... I want something basic... most likely with fire or skulls or something... My buddy in Columbus has a sweet Jolly Roger one and a decent camo one... I'll probably just ask him where he got them...

The noise canceling type are money... That's what the tutorial I found shows you making... I might just do that... I can't justify $100 on a pair of headphones that I'll probably lose anyway...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
The noise canceling type are money... That's what the tutorial I found shows you making... I might just do that... I can't justify $100 on a pair of headphones that I'll probably lose anyway...
well mine lasted 3 years before I lost them on my trip over here...

but I want that tutorial...

I think I can actually get the Public health office here to make me some custom fit ones, they make them for the flight line workers... hummm...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

These look interesting:

http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=339
Old 03-02-2008, 12:59 AM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
well mine lasted 3 years before I lost them on my trip over here...

but I want that tutorial...

I think I can actually get the Public health office here to make me some custom fit ones, they make them for the flight line workers... hummm...
http://cre.ations.net/creation/creat...ear-headphones

The only problem with the ones in this tut (which is nothing special BTW), is the fact that they are very hard... I'd want to figure out some sort of silicone based material to use... Sorta like the good headphones use these days anyway...

If you can get custom ear plugs made, you can easily make them into headphones... Perhaps that's what I should look at doing... I think that's pretty expensive though...
Old 03-02-2008, 01:02 AM   #10
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...-20-222716.php

The only problem with the ones in this tut (which is nothing special BTW), is the fact that they are very hard... I'd want to figure out some sort of silicone based material to use... Sorta like the good headphones use these days anyway...

If you can get custom ear plugs made, you can easily make them into headphones... Perhaps that's what I should look at doing... I think that's pretty expensive though...
yeah they make them into headphones for ya... humm.. I think I'll buy a decent set and go with those... they'll be more comfortable for long trips if they're made for your ears... cause they put absolutly NO pressure.. it just conforms to your ear canal...

make friends with a person in the af near ya... they may be able to hook ya up... I'd do so if I was in CO and so were you...