Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Stunting (secret supermoto forum)

Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #41
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I'm 6'3" and that sounds AWESOME! humm... wonder if I could find one used... till then... I'll have to stick to my 4-Runner or Pickup
http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/f...C4F27227E16A2C

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/d...C4F27227E16A2C

Mine is an '04 that I have put 110,000 miles on, just put first set of tires on (12 ply, they last a long time). Outside of that an 10K oil changes, thats' it as far as service.Motor is just getting broken in.

Last edited by OTB; 04-25-2008 at 10:17 AM..
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 12:36 AM   #42
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

damn... may have to seriously look into one of these... though i think I'm a couple years away from afording one... gotta buy a house first...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #43
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Ive already said this twice now. I know cages cant see us. but if you watch the damn vid you would realize yall are just being to critical cause that truck wasnt going to bother us at all. And i dont really care if yall believe me or not and im sure yall think that it was a gauntlet or something which is obserd.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 AM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

our point is YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A CAGE IS GOING TO DO... so why do anything around them that's going to take your attention awayfrom riding and keeping an eye on them.

I'd say 70% of the cars you'll pass will go on harmlessly and not make a stupid move around you... the other 30% will try to kill you. and since you can't tell the 30% from the 70%... treat it as 0% will pass you harmlessly and 100% will try to kill you. LET THEM PROVE YOU WRONG... at least if they do... your still alive.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #45
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

You = jackass.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:21 PM   #46
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
The ability of riders to underestimate the complete lack of control, observation and care by other drivers never ceases to amaze me. I drive one of these:

Nine feet high, almost 7 feet wide, and 158 inch wheelbase, bright white; and I have people trying to merge me into the ditch on a regular basis, and I wonder "How?"

So, if you think that ANYBODY sees you on a bike, well, it's just a matter of time.....................
Man you're right! I worked for U-Haul when I was in school and we had to tranfer trucks across town. Some dumb bitch literally changed lanes into me while I was driving a 24' orange and white truck! Not to mention the several close calls.... people are stupid! Now on the other hand,I've done more than my fair share of highway wheelies,hell me and my friends sold two videos full of them,and I've never had a vehicle turn into me nor have I personally seen it happen. Ofcourse,we always worked the fast lane and tried to only do it without any traffic... I guess I'm on the fence with this one. I think it's a "calculated risk" but to think it's "safe" is foolish!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote