Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 06-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #61
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zortness View Post
Here's what I see: Danny's hunting for the track with his knee, so instead of rotating around the tank, he's moving directly off to the left. This is forcing his upper body to stay more over the tank. It's also pushing his toes out further on his inside foot, which takes away some of his usable lean angle. His arms also look tense in this picture, to me anyway. Also, Danny's looking at the curbing, I'm looking at the next corner (a right hander that's not more than 200ft past this curb). My form is not perfect either, my head should be lower as I exit the corner.
That's a great picture Zort. Shows contrast and such.

Danny at first looks more aggressive... but you look closer and can tell he's putting a lot more effort into what he's doing, and looks tensed up because of it.

Although like DLIT said, it's easy to catch someone at a point when they're not doing things their best, maybe he doesn't ride like this picture at all times.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #62
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
That's a great picture Zort. Shows contrast and such.

Danny at first looks more aggressive... but you look closer and can tell he's putting a lot more effort into what he's doing, and looks tensed up because of it.

Although like DLIT said, it's easy to catch someone at a point when they're not doing things their best, maybe he doesn't ride like this picture at all times.
He doesn't ride like that all the time. I think he's frustrated because he's stuck at 1:28 and he was trying new stuff. Danny and I like to battle on the track. We're about the same pace. He's just got a barrier to get passed. I think he was on a 211GP rear and a 2CT front that day, too. We gotta get him on here, Kurt.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #63
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

\
Edwards has good form.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #64
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
\
Edwards has good form.
Hahahahaha. That was a shitty race for him. One corner away from sealing a victory and off he goes. Got back up to finish 8th. Woulda been sweet to see him win that, instead it went to Hayden. Hayden's only other win in '06.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #65
Country Boy 22
Banned

Moto: In Search Of...

This is some good reading material...very helpful info. You guys know of any more places to get info like this?
Country Boy 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #66
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I just realized what that picture is behind Edwards..
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #67
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I just realized what that picture is behind Edwards..
There is a reason it's called "A" style.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #68
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy 22 View Post
This is some good reading material...very helpful info. You guys know of any more places to get info like this?
Twist of the Wrist II by Keith Code, Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienastch, Total Control by Lee Parks. All 3 great books with tons of info. Everything these guys are spitting out bits and pieces of are covered in full detail in these books.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #69
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I have a question for you guys that have access to real twisties. What does the feedback from the bike feel like, when you're coming close to breaking a tire loose? You don't just suddenly lose it and lowside, do you? Is there some kind of warning that you're pushing it too far?

There's no knee-dragging going on in my neck of the woods, is why I ask. You'd have to break triple digits in a turn to get that low.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #70
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I have a question for you guys that have access to real twisties. What does the feedback from the bike feel like, when you're coming close to breaking a tire loose? You don't just suddenly lose it and lowside, do you? Is there some kind of warning that you're pushing it too far?

There's no knee-dragging going on in my neck of the woods, is why I ask. You'd have to break triple digits in a turn to get that low.
Sometimes you can feel it slipping, sometime you just go down without any feedback. Just depends on conditions and what causes you to lose it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote