Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #171
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Besides, I NEVER even once suggested that the dogs be banned, I think that they are of a more aggressive temperament than the average dog, like say a Golden Retriever, Kaneman does not agree.
I agree that dogs of the Molosser ancestry have special requirements and are not for the dog owner that doesn't want to invest the time and effort.

Mainly I just wanted to have a long debate with Tigger to see if he would "get his panties in a wad" as he is so often accused of and he did not. In fact, I thought he held his end of the debate very well.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #172
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I've owned two Rotties and several Pits that never bit anyone and own guns that have never shot anyone...wow what a boring life.
Sucks being responsible.
Damn - I was hoping someone would bite harder than that!

Kaneman - guilty as charged. I see what you're saying re: many pits/rotts 'trained to hate humans', and while I agree that it's part of the issue, my feeling is that it doesn't explain away the numbers being skewed so highly towards those two types in particular. Just an opinion that can't be proven/disproven by lies, statistics and more lies though. And I'd still be far more worried about dangers presented the 'scumbag'-owner element than any of their 'viscious' dogs.

One thing that jumped out at me doing a little reading though - supposedly 1/3 of homeowners' insurance claims result from dog-related claims? Wow - seems hard to believe it could be that high. Does your ins. company ask if you own dogs (or specific breeds) & jack your rates?
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #173
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry_129 View Post
Damn - I was hoping someone would bite harder than that!

One thing that jumped out at me doing a little reading though - supposedly 1/3 of homeowners' insurance claims result from dog-related claims? Wow - seems hard to believe it could be that high. Does your ins. company ask if you own dogs (or specific breeds) & jack your rates?
Kerry my insurance company did a 'drive by' and asked that we sign a waiver on our Rotteweiler so we can't make claims on him. They didn't ask for a waiver on my two parrots though and they've bitten plenty of people!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #174
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I agree that dogs of the Molosser ancestry have special requirements and are not for the dog owner that doesn't want to invest the time and effort.

Mainly I just wanted to have a long debate with Tigger to see if he would "get his panties in a wad" as he is so often accused of and he did not. In fact, I thought he held his end of the debate very well.
Aw shucks! Twert nuthin'!!! Actually, I like long debates until the name calling starts...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:21 AM   #175
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Kerry my insurance company did a 'drive by' and asked that we sign a waiver on our Rotteweiler so we can't make claims on him. They didn't ask for a waiver on my two parrots though and they've bitten plenty of people!
RrrrrAAAAWWWWKKKkkk... Polly want a finger RRRAWWK TWEET WOOT!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #176
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

*gasp* You guys are too funny! Tiggasponses and Tiggoints, those are worth remembering...

Kerry, in response to your question, every time I have gotten home insurance or renewed my policy they have gone through a list of dogs (pits, rotts, shepards, etc) and let me know that if I owned any of the above it would affect my insurance.

Milk, I cant remember where I read it, but I know I read somewhere that Poodles tend to be a VERY nippy and agreesive biting breed, especially the large ones, tho when properly trained make excellent pets. However, I am sure they dont even get an honorable mention since whos afraid of a Poodle?! Not a breed that typically inspires fear...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:24 AM   #177
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
*gasp* You guys are too funny! Tiggasponses and Tiggoints, those are worth remembering...

Kerry, in response to your question, every time I have gotten home insurance or renewed my policy they have gone through a list of dogs (pits, rotts, shepards, etc) and let me know that if I owned any of the above it would affect my insurance.

Milk, I cant remember where I read it, but I know I read somewhere that Poodles tend to be a VERY nippy and agreesive biting breed, especially the large ones, tho when properly trained make excellent pets. However, I am sure they dont even get an honorable mention since whos afraid of a Poodle?! Not a breed that typically inspires fear...
Well they would if they started chewing baby's feet and tearing people's faces off!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:14 AM   #178
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Our homeowners insurance here in Florida is well aware that we have an APBT and a Boxer. No special rider or upping the policy.

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #179
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Tigger, what ever happened to the tank pack sized dog you used to have in your avatar?

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #180
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Tigger, what ever happened to the tank pack sized dog you used to have in your avatar?
It was eaten by a Pit Bull, and he hasn't been the same since.

JC