Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Introductions

Old 10-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage
Default Just Me

Hey all!!! I've been a member for a few months, but have never gotten around to introducing myself. (Except maybe to OSP who i believe used to live in Columbus) Some of you might have also been in the select few who dissuaded me from buying a used 08 6R as my first bike.

But anyway. My name is Adam or AJ. I'm 20, soon to be 21. YAY BEER! I was born in Columbus, Ohio, and reside in Grove City. I graduated from Bishop Ready HS and am currently a junior at THE Ohio State University. I hope to go into business and entrepreneurship. I thrive in all forms of competition that include the combination of a ball/stick/net/field. I play hockey competitively and play golf/tennis in my free time. I am a fan of all professional Cleveland/Columbus teams. I also play guitar in my free time.(note try) I am a big fan of racing simulators including FIA GT, and of course Moto GP!! I like to travel, and would like to travel more on a motorcycle. My favorite places are Phoenix and Port Clinton...

I was the first of all of my friends that was "into" motorcycles when we were young. Now I am pretty much obsessed. And yet here I sit, the only one of my friends that doesnt have a bike.(controlling parents) My favorite bikes include the 05/06 Kawasaki zx-6r 636, 07/08 Yamaha R1, 07/08 Kawasaki zx-6r, 03/08 Kawasaki Z1000, 2002+ Buell Xb9R Firebolt, and 2002+ Honda VFR800. Looking at those bikes its easy to assume that I'm a Kawi fan, and that may be true if I was living in the past, but I absolutely detest the direction Kawi has gone in the last 2 years. I hope they go back the direction they were before..

But anyway, since all of those bikes are not fit to be a beginner bike, I am looking at getting a Ninja 500 or older YZF600R in the spring. Anything else just ask.... Lata

Last edited by Porkchop; 10-19-2008 at 12:56 AM..
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Hey, welcome to posting on the madhouse. Good luck on your bike search, looks like you got a good head on your shoulders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

glad you were open to the advice... hope you can get on two wheels quick... but take your time... your young... you don't have to rush into the first opportunity that comes... wait for a good deal and you'll be much better of...

officially!
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Welcome. I WOULD like kawi, IF they could improve the quality of their bikes. the EX500 is just such a poorly designed bike, I wont ever have another. go with the YZF600. its honestly a better bike in every aspect POSSIBLE, and you can grow into it more. the EX is a bored and stroked 454LTD engine which was a polished turd that was 20 years old when kawasaki released the EX500 with that technology.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:27 AM   #5
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Don't forget about the FZR!
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Welcome. I started on and still ride a 2000 yzf600r and I love it. Very forgiving yet fun and relatively quick.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

if your looking to buy dont wait for spring. people can jack the price up when demand starts to go up. start looking mid dec-january.

I'll be sure to stop down and go for a ride with you if you pick something up. i'm always headed down south, specially near zanesville, cambridge, etc.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #9
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Welcome!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #10
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Hey, welcome to posting on the madhouse. Good luck on your bike search, looks like you got a good head on your shoulders.