Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR
Default Project Bike curiosity

Not quite sure if this is the forum for this kind of question, but with all the tinkers on here, I'll give it a shot. I've got a project bike in mind. Not a "find a bike and fix it project" but a full ground up "I assembled this myself from spare parts" thing. Something that is not going to be a track bike. I've been amassing parts for quite a while now and I'm to the point where I need to buy a frame in order to progress any further (or really justify the spare bedroom full of parts). Found a frame that looks great. It's at a tow yard and therefore with lien paperwork and a bill of sale. Should I bite?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

Last edited by MikeSP1; 11-27-2012 at 02:47 AM..
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
Not quite sure if this is the forum for this kind of question, but with all the tinkers on here, I'll give it a shot. I've got a project bike in mind. Not a "find a bike and fix it project" but a full ground up "I assembled this myself from spare parts" thing. Something that is not going to be a track bike. I've been amassing parts for quite a while now and I'm to the point where I need to buy a frame in order to progress any further (or really justify the spare bedroom full of parts). Found a frame that looks great. It's at a tow yard and therefore with lien paperwork and a bill of sale. Should I bite?
When you say lien paperwork, is it a release of the lien?

If a lien is still attached to the title, I woulnd't mess with it. If it is a release of the lien, then I would probably be inclined to go to the DMV (Japan equivalent?) and make sure the ONLY lien on it is the one you have a release for. Should be pretty straightforward I would expect.

What kinda bike is it anyway? I looooooooove doing things from the ground up! Or maybe it's more a love-hate thing, I'm not sure.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

It's a project for my return to the US, not something that I'm gonna push to get on the road out here. The RC51 that I brought out here still isn't registered in Japan (that may be getting rectified this winter, call it a "winter paperwork project?")

I'll contact the seller again and find out exactly what's going on.

It's for a project RC51 SP1...like I need another motorcycle
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

kinda like this, but not really

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-02-03-...20947620667%26