Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 05-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #21
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
240 miles actually. I can make that on the 6.6 gallon tank I have. And thanks.
My KLR can do just about 240 miles on the stock yank, but I have heard of a few people that thought they could do that stretch on the stock tank with no problem, then they ran out of gas. Even with the IMS tank I would say to bring a few "just in case" liters of gas
Old 05-22-2011, 11:27 PM   #22
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
It may be, but I haven't been through alot of North Dakota or Saskatchewan at all, so I want to see them. I won't pass judgement until I see it. For example, I thought Maine would suck, and it was one of the better states I've visited.
You are getting the wrong part of ND for the scenic part. The last 1/3 of your ND time will be the only decent mileage. Need to get west of HWY 281 to see anything scenic anywhere. East of there is flat and barron.

BUT, let me know when you are going to be in the Fargo area, love to meet up with you and maybe grab a bite or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #23
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
BUT, let me know when you are going to be in the Fargo area, love to meet up with you and maybe grab a bite or something.
Sounds good! If I remember right, we are planning to stop in Fargo for the night on the way up, so it'll either be right at the end of July or the first day or two in August.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #24
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Hey Trace.. just curious.. will you have to adjust your fuel mapping at all for the change in weather/climate between OK and Canadia? If so.. will that have a significant impact to your fuel mileage?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #25
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Trace, I've driven this route as far north as TOK (I then turn south to Anchorage) 3 times... about to embark on my 4th tomorrow. Leaving anchorage and heading to Fairbanks and staying the first night in TOK. I'm gonna hit the top of the world highway through Dawson this time... and enter Watson Lake from the north rather than Hwy 1.

Good luck... gas is about every 200 miles. you may hit a stretch pushing it to 240 or so but I think that's only one area. on the KLR you'll be fine.

Watch for Bison. Mark my words, you will see a TON! in all the times I've driven it I've never seen few enough to bother counting them all.

make sure you have you're camera ready, as great photo ops are everywhere.

also... remember a sleep mask or something. right now, the sun sets at 1050 something. so keep an eye on the clock and don't push yourself too far, it'd be easy to over extend yourself only to find you're too tired and between towns (several hours/hundreds of miles can separate towns with lodging)

HAVE FUN! I can't wait to get my life sorted and back on my Two wheeled adventures...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote