Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Manufacturer War

Old 03-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #41
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Hey I just looked up the specs on that bike, it's 1200 cc and only 130 hp... It down about 60 hp from the 1098R which has the same displacement. Even the smaller base 1098 has 30 more HP and is 10K cheaper.
And you DO know that the flat twin is an aircooled engine?

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #42
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Got any tape of it? Hey, Marko. Go fuck yourself.
it's available on the racing-underground.com torrent
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 PM   #43
sfarson
On a Ride

Moto: Two Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT View Post
Granted there are several bikes i'd love to own if money was an option. However if you ever get the oppertunity, go test ride a BMW K1200S. By far that is the most fun motorcycle i've ever ridden. I had so much fun when I rode it last year at bikeweek, I had to do it again this year.

The bike has the comfort of a good sport touring bike, handles like a ZX-6R, and has 167 hp. Plus you add in the electronic adjustable suspension that you can change while riding and heated grips and you have a fun ass bike
Would concur. Other bikes have come and gone here but this thing remains. MCN gave it a rare five star rating. Has a top ten lap time around Nurburgring. It is one thoughtful, refined, and state-of-the-art bike. Can take it to the track/canyon, can also take it to the next time zone over... in comfort.

Juniper Pass Lunch Ride - Streaming Video

sfarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #44
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
Would concur. Other bikes have come and gone here but this thing remains. MCN gave it a rare five star rating. Has a top ten lap time around Nurburgring. It is one thoughtful, refined, and state-of-the-art bike. Can take it to the track/canyon, can also take it to the next time zone over... in comfort.

Juniper Pass Lunch Ride - Streaming Video

ok dude... the time has come... you need to start a thread with pics of all your bikes...
Old 03-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #45
sfarson
On a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
i got an 08 BMW brochure in the mail yesterday and found the HP2 sport interesting. the rest of the BMWs look like old fart's bikes. whaddya think?

(retails for $25,375)
Perhaps it's my middle-ageness but the BMW styling does it for me. Their bikes don't blend in like many others do. The GS looks perfect for its adventure/dual sport ambitions. The HP2 Sport and K1200S bike above don't look like old fart bikes to me. The deep dish spinning rear wheel connected to the single sided swing arm is memorizing to observe, as if hanging in mid-air when under way.

They aren't everyone's cup of tea, but there's a real-worldness to them. Munich recognizes the vast majority of sporting rides never see a track (99% of sportbikes don't according to Cycle World), thus one finds their bikes having ABS, shaft drives, heated grips, power ports, gear indicators, sweet suspension, thoughtful ergos, accessory options galore, and performance levels where it is the rider not the bike. But would note this... kinda fun to have a BMW on the track passing the race replicas. Something about going fast on a "slow" bike.

Last edited by sfarson; 03-14-2008 at 11:50 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #46
sfarson
On a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
ok dude... the time has come... you need to start a thread with pics of all your bikes...
Ahhhh. Perhaps should clarify what is in the barn versus used to be. Have a couple H-D's, Ducati's, BMW's. That's it.

BTW, that HP2 we exchanged posts on has been delayed big time. Perhaps to late summer. Quality control issues with the carbon fiber supplier. BMW doesn't want, correctly so, to have any compromises with the HP2 series.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:52 PM   #47
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i still like it, but this week im all hot and sweaty over the benelli tornado.

BTW ebbs i looove being remembered as "somebody" lolz
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #48
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
Ahhhh. Perhaps should clarify what is in the barn versus used to be. Have a couple H-D's, Ducati's, BMW's. That's it.

BTW, that HP2 we exchanged posts on has been delayed big time. Perhaps to late summer. Quality control issues with the carbon fiber supplier. BMW doesn't want, correctly so, to have any compromises with the HP2 series.
well either way... if you have pics... you need to start a thread... you have and have had some amazing bikes
Old 03-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #49
Nighthawk
Red Sled Rider

Moto: BMW R1100RS

Old Farts????