Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Old 04-09-2008, 02:56 AM   #61
byron12
cookie head

Moto: I now have cheap chinese pocket bike and a free non running kawasaki cruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
750 may be a little too much for me. Plus ur like 2000 miles away
Dude don't be a pussy I've got a truck lets go get it wheter are not you survive is not dependent on the size of the bike besides you have dirt bike experience and its damn near twenty years old. And you won't have to go into debt which is definitly a bad idea for a first motorcycle. And we also have been following Markos incredible upkeep for years and you Have Otb to vouch for it too because he has seen it in person. I am hearby doing the unthinkable and encouraging a teenager that I don't even know to buy a gsx-r 750 but one must examine each situation differently and that is my humble opinion on this matter. Also move out of moms house so you can do what you want. I will drive you to PA though to buy it if you want say the word dude I am all about it; I'm a flaky motherfucker though so give me a months notice so I can ask off work and explain to my wife.

Last edited by byron12; 04-09-2008 at 02:58 AM..
byron12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:00 AM   #62
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I know of a beautiful 1992 GSXR 750 that can be had for cheap.
I am hoping to get a 97 750 for my bike and 6-800 cash. My bike is only worth 1800 or so but am going to tell the guy mine is worth more. He traded my neighbor something for it and is deathly afraid of it now. So he is down for trading me for a smaller bike. And he's like 45-50.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:16 AM   #63
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I am hoping to get a 97 750 for my bike and 6-800 cash. My bike is only worth 1800 or so but am going to tell the guy mine is worth more. He traded my neighbor something for it and is deathly afraid of it now. So he is down for trading me for a smaller bike. And he's like 45-50.
Sometimes opportunity knocks.

I got my 06 600 for 4000$ with 3k miles with some minor fairing damage, and a free jacket with minor matching damage on the arm. Seller even gave me most of the new oem parts to fix the bike. The kid that owned it laid it down in a gas station parking lot and then got scared of it.

If this deal hadn't popped up, I doubt I would have gotten into bikes in the next 3 years with me moving into a heavy traffic city with 0 space to practice.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:18 AM   #64
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Sometimes opportunity knocks.

I got my 06 600 for 4000$ with 3k miles with some minor fairing damage, and a free jacket with minor matching damage on the arm. Seller even gave me most of the new oem parts to fix the bike. The kid that owned it laid it down in a gas station parking lot and then got scared of it.

If this deal hadn't popped up, I doubt I would have gotten into bikes in the next 3 years with me moving into a heavy traffic city with 0 space to practice.
Damn man, that is an awesome score. Congrats.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #65
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
750 may be a little too much for me. Plus ur like 2000 miles away
Don't be crazy. Plus Byron's got your back. And PA isn't not 2000 miles from GA. Probly 1200.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:23 PM   #66
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by byron12 View Post
Dude don't be a pussy I've got a truck lets go get it wheter are not you survive is not dependent on the size of the bike besides you have dirt bike experience and its damn near twenty years old. And you won't have to go into debt which is definitly a bad idea for a first motorcycle. And we also have been following Markos incredible upkeep for years and you Have Otb to vouch for it too because he has seen it in person. I am hearby doing the unthinkable and encouraging a teenager that I don't even know to buy a gsx-r 750 but one must examine each situation differently and that is my humble opinion on this matter. Also move out of moms house so you can do what you want. I will drive you to PA though to buy it if you want say the word dude I am all about it; I'm a flaky motherfucker though so give me a months notice so I can ask off work and explain to my wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Don't be crazy. Plus Byron's got your back. And PA isn't not 2000 miles from GA. Probly 1200.
Only 1200?!?! In that case i may have to make an exception j/k Thanks for the offer byron but Im looking for something a little closer. I dont even know how much u want for it marko
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote