Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
A company that makes silencers about half the price of everyone else and is just as quite.
wouldn't really trust a youtube, or any web clip of how a silencer sounds.... but that's my $1.05

The .22 cans from what I've been researching just have a hard time getting cleaned -- some refer to a dip solution (half H202 half whit vin) and you end up with this hazardous lead acitate or some shit that you gotta take to have properly disposed of..... 22's are dirty, but cheap fun.... mmmm good dirty cheap fun....
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
wouldn't really trust a youtube, or any web clip of how a silencer sounds.... but that's my $1.05

The .22 cans from what I've been researching just have a hard time getting cleaned -- some refer to a dip solution (half H202 half whit vin) and you end up with this hazardous lead acitate or some shit that you gotta take to have properly disposed of..... 22's are dirty, but cheap fun.... mmmm good dirty cheap fun....
Most Manufactures of 22lr cans are offering some sort of take down version for ease of cleaning. I am actually considering sending my Gemtech Outback in for the $150 retofit. As a rule though they best way to think about cleaning a suppressor is how often do you clean the inside of you cars muffler or cat converter.
On the steel cans , while not recommended good old fashion brake cleaner can be used. One of the easiest ways to keep a can from carbon-ing up is a spoonful good old KY jelly put into the can before shooting (shake the can vigorously) it coats the baffles and as an added advantage of further reducing sound levels at the muzzle because it breaks up wave patterns. At the end of the session rinse the can with water (KY is water soluble ) debris comes out with the water and either spray down with wd 40 or toss the can in the oven a 215 degrees for 15 minutes.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
Most Manufactures of 22lr cans are offering some sort of take down version for ease of cleaning. I am actually considering sending my Gemtech Outback in for the $150 retofit. As a rule though they best way to think about cleaning a suppressor is how often do you clean the inside of you cars muffler or cat converter.
On the steel cans , while not recommended good old fashion brake cleaner can be used. One of the easiest ways to keep a can from carbon-ing up is a spoonful good old KY jelly put into the can before shooting (shake the can vigorously) it coats the baffles and as an added advantage of further reducing sound levels at the muzzle because it breaks up wave patterns. At the end of the session rinse the can with water (KY is water soluble ) debris comes out with the water and either spray down with wd 40 or toss the can in the oven a 215 degrees for 15 minutes.

Yeah that's what I was looking for, a good SS can that i can take apart and clean. Saw that a guy was using mercury power tune (carb cleaner pretty much, breaks up carbon) that he and his shop get in a gallon or so container... but he uses that in a ultrasonic tub to break up the buildup that he gets in the baffles.

I'm still new and learning more and more about the cans, so thank you for the info re: coating before firing, i was looking to find ways to help make the stainless steel baffles a bit easier to clean.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Still waitng on their 556/762 silencers to come out.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDGIW_sXvc
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

my pops just bought a glock 20 10mm last night, should have it in a few weeks. anyone else have one or shot one? any praise or complaints about it? i tried talking him out of it because of the lack of ammo supplies locally but he still did it.
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS518 View Post
my pops just bought a glock 20 10mm last night, should have it in a few weeks. anyone else have one or shot one? any praise or complaints about it? i tried talking him out of it because of the lack of ammo supplies locally but he still did it.
I loved the 10mm round but got tired of the issues it had in the 1911 frame (Still have a few boxes 10mm around here somewhere) I Busa riding buddy of mine swears by his glock in 10mm. It is a great round not a cheap round and hits like the ole 41 magnum.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

I love my .40 S&W
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I loved the 10mm round but got tired of the issues it had in the 1911 frame (Still have a few boxes 10mm around here somewhere) I Busa riding buddy of mine swears by his glock in 10mm. It is a great round not a cheap round and hits like the ole 41 magnum.
hes not worried about the price of the rounds because it will be cheaper then the .44 magnum he has now
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote