Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600
Default Ladies Track Leathers

I know some of you ladies are track junkies, I'm working on it but I need to purchase a suit that is track specific- i.e. knee pucks, more armor, reinforced stitching, etc.

I have been looking at the A* Stella, and a few others, but am looking for recommendations from some ladies with experience in the matter!!

Please input!!
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Sorry, I haven't purchased track leathers yet, BUT, two good ones to look for:

The new Teknic Ladies "Viper" 1 piece looks awesome. I got to pet it-touch it-feel it in Daytona and I was very impressed. It's around $700.

Also, I've heard great things the Dainese Yu Lady (though I don't recall if it has pucks). It's around $1200.

And since you're in FL, Syed down in Orlando does fully custom 1 piece leathers starting around $1200.

I would PM Accaliste over on - I know she posted on the local board that she just GOT some new leathers, and is also selling her A* "Julie" leathers. As much track time as she has under her belt, I'd bet she could tell you a lot.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Killgurl has to replace her leathers she tore up a few weeks ago, she is getting the teknic viper suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Ok I'll have to go ahead and say it...
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I can't fit in any women specific... I'm too tall. The thing to keep in mind is the inseam to the knee. On a typical women's suit - the inseam to the knee is about 15inches. That is where the knee armor resides - and in most cases has shin armor right under it. My inseam to the knee is 18inches which would mean the shin armor would be on my kneecap.

Dainese fits me well enough to buy, then have it taylored. But, at that point you might as well call Syed and have a custom fit.

Another option G-Line from Gericke... http://www.femmoto.com/femmotosuitspecs.html

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #6
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

oooo, that viper suit is SWEET!!!

I LOVE the Lady Yu, but at this point in time $1200 is a lil too pricey for me...

Thanks for the input, I am going to keep my eyes open, maybe I can find a decent deal on one of these suits before April...

Nee, i think theres a ladies only track day at Jennings April 19th, you gonna be there?
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:32 PM   #7
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Nee, i think theres a ladies only track day at Jennings April 19th, you gonna be there?
Screw that, come to nashville with STT, we are going to be there both days. Same weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
:sulk: I wish, but it's just not in the cards this year. We've got a statewide meet/ride the weekend before that, then in May we've got another big group trip/event.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #9
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I can't fit in any women specific... I'm too tall. The thing to keep in mind is the inseam to the knee. On a typical women's suit - the inseam to the knee is about 15inches. That is where the knee armor resides - and in most cases has shin armor right under it. My inseam to the knee is 18inches which would mean the shin armor would be on my kneecap.

Dainese fits me well enough to buy, then have it taylored. But, at that point you might as well call Syed and have a custom fit.

Another option G-Line from Gericke... http://www.femmoto.com/femmotosuitspecs.html
yeah, when i bought my 2pc. A* suit i didn't account for inseam length. i am kinda short/squat and the knee pucks ended up being shin pucks on me. kinda the opposite problem you had. i ended up just reselling them.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
yeah, when i bought my 2pc. A* suit i didn't account for inseam length. i am kinda short/squat and the knee pucks ended up being shin pucks on me. kinda the opposite problem you had. i ended up just reselling them.
It drives me crazy when they give overall inseam... like that matters. First of all, the bottom will be covered by boots, so that doesn't matter anyway. And, the armor placement is SO important.

How tall are you?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote