Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Sure, how about in september, I think Indy sounds like a nice destination.

I dont know, thats a lil far for me, you mean you want me to ride ALLLLL that way?? Oh my goodness!! I might die!!

heh heh heh, yeah right!

...gotta find me some good travelin tires, got my luggage already, savin the cash as we speak...hmmm, i think im already ready!!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

some people just like to bitch and moan. In my experience, these are people that shouldnt be on motorcycles anyways. tell em to suck it up and put their big boy pants on.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #13
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'll ride 45 minutes to meet people all the time, hell I'll ride 2 hours just to meet people for a ride, just ask Gas Man, P.O.D, and Drewpy.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

neebs if you were in a days distance id def come down and cruise with you guys. anyway, some friends and i went to wildwood this weekend, nice ninety mile trip with camelbaks on (btw taking a sip on the highway costs about 7 bucks the first time you do it) my roomate however put his bike in the back of a pickup, for which we of course gave him massive amounts of shit for bitching out.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #15
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
neebs if you were in a days distance id def come down and cruise with you guys. anyway, some friends and i went to wildwood this weekend, nice ninety mile trip with camelbaks on (btw taking a sip on the highway costs about 7 bucks the first time you do it) my roomate however put his bike in the back of a pickup, for which we of course gave him massive amounts of shit for bitching out.
I'm guessing you mean $7 of your $10 of attention?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
neebs if you were in a days distance id def come down and cruise with you guys.
Awwwww...

Nah, seriously though, I'm not talking about THAT kind of riding. Not everyone wants to (or can) do serious longrange touring. I'm talking about people bitching about half an hour when we're already PLANNING an all day ride. The way I see it, that ride TO the ride just means your bike (and your butt!) will already be nice and warm once the real ride starts!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
t-homo
WSB Champion

Shit a week ago, my friend called me up at 11:30, right after church, to see if I wanted to ride an hour and a half with him to go look at a new bike. We met 15 minutes later, filled up, and were gone.

I have started getting luggage for indy. Bought this tankbag used for 20 bucks and plan on getting the nelson-rigg standard saddle bags and rear tote bag. I also bought this scala rider teamset headset package for rider-passenger communication, gps bluetooth, and cellphone bluetooth used off of a guy on a local forum for 125. Said its been used once on a 20 minute ride, but he never had a passenger after that. I'm hoping it will reach to another bike, but i'll have to see. He is selling a ton of stuff (including his x-box 360, this, chatterbox, xd9) to make a downpayment on a new r6 after a car pulled in front of him in a parking lot a couple weeks ago.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #18
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

heck, i don't even get the bike out if i am gonna be gone less than an hour. it ain't worth it. half the fun is getting there.

i just took a huge ride on my harley (the first of many, i hope) last friday with my xl forum peeps. we were gone from 12:30 until 6pm. now that's some riding! i loved every minute of it. i wish i had more free time to do that more often, but i definately do what i can. some people just don't make sense.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #19
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
i just took a huge ride on my harley (the first of many, i hope) last friday with my xl forum peeps. we were gone from 12:30 until 6pm. now that's some riding! i loved every minute of it. i wish i had more free time to do that more often, but i definately do what i can. some people just don't make sense.
And that's how it should be!! I left home at 10:30 a.m. yesterday, got home sometime after 4:00... great day, IMO. And I even took the long (WAY) long way home to get in some extra seat time (I was already out, the bike was warm and purring like a kitten, so why not? )
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #20
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

I'm developing a scientific proof that shows that the amount of miles on a bike is inversely proportional to the amount of chrome on it. Anyone care to argue? (God, I'm bored)