Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-19-2008, 01:19 AM   #21
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

i am not superstitious but i do sometimes dream of future events and then they happen.. i also can meet a motherfucker and know instantly what kind of character they have or don't have..

other than that shit happens and when it starts going wrong i will just get off the ride so to speak.. for instance if shit is going wrong at work and just keeps getting worse i will just dish off what i can on other people and walk away for awhile and do something else.. or if i am working on a project and it just doesn't want to come together right i walk away and come back the next day.. or if say we are going to go on a ride and things start going wrong like i lose my key, the weather is cloudly, people aren't going to show, going to get a late start - idk if it all starts becoming too much to deal with i say forget it.. like at grattan in march it was 18 degrees on saturday.. we rode three sessions and i was itching for more despite the cold.. the next day was test and tune for $60 but the 5 people i came with all wanted to cut bait and go home saturday night.. i tried to convince them otherwise.. no dice.. so i was like forget it time to go drink beer and save it for a warmer day - the next day only 12 bikes showed up so they cancelled the test and tune.. maybe that was just luck..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:17 AM   #22
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
nothing in life means anything, rae. Its just a bunch of randomly occuring events with no purpose, so shake the nerves off, you'll be fine tomorrow.

I'm jealous more than anybody knows right now.
I concur... I don't beleive in bad omens, but I surely believe in self-fullfilling prophecies... If you think shit's about to get fucked up, it surely will.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:07 AM   #23
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

You're thinking too much. If you find yourself having a bad feeling, disregard it. Delete that shit from your memory and you'll be fine.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 AM   #24
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I concur... I don't beleive in bad omens, but I surely believe in self-fullfilling prophecies... If you think shit's about to get fucked up, it surely will.
word.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #25
1hottbikechic
Ninja Hottie

Moto: Sportbikes, MX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
You're thinking too much. If you find yourself having a bad feeling, disregard it. Delete that shit from your memory and you'll be fine.

Rae this is a great thread... I have a whole class right now on rationalization. I think everyone should have to take this class. It gets you back to the person you were before you let your "self" take over doing all the thinking and talking. You'd be so amazed at how much you rationalize that something is going to go wrong, because its like a domino effect, once you've talked yourself into it, your done. Its trained me to really think if going through the drama of things is real, or if I should just continue on, without the thoughts.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #26
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hottbikechic View Post
Rae this is a great thread... I have a whole class right now on rationalization. I think everyone should have to take this class. It gets you back to the person you were before you let your "self" take over doing all the thinking and talking. You'd be so amazed at how much you rationalize that something is going to go wrong, because its like a domino effect, once you've talked yourself into it, your done. Its trained me to really think if going through the drama of things is real, or if I should just continue on, without the thoughts.
Why did you quote me? Because what I said is pretty much what you said? Just broken down more?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #27
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

okay peeps, got some great responses and thank you guys...sitting at the track now and wouldnt you know they have wifi...YES!!! Sitting this session out, been in 4 20 minute sessions already and the knees are feeling it, icing them right now...but loving every minute once I got back out there...got some great control riders and with all ladies out here it is very laid back and mellow...happy thoughts, no bad feelings, its all peachy keen!! Wish ya'll were here with me!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #28
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

ur at teh track, nic kyle and kev have fun for me, its raining here

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #29
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

use 'the secret'. ahhh, the power of positive thinking....

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl View Post
use 'the secret'. ahhh, the power of positive thinking....
That's fucking hippy crap. You've got to face the brutal facts of reality. I found this article not too long ago...

http://www.slate.com/id/2166211

Positive thinking is the root of all that's complacent, underacheiving, and fundamentally wrong in our society. Think negative, you'll be more productive and less disappointed.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote